“60 Seconds of UNFORGETTABLE ADRENALINE”
Review of Skydive Cairns

and up
Reef and Rainforest Tandem Sky Dive in Cairns
Ranked #39 of 157 Tours in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Barrier Reef, the lush tropical rainforest and the Cairns city skyline provide the most spectacular backdrop for this awesome Tandem Skydive option. Skydive Cairns (part of Skydive Australia) provide FREE return transfers from all Cairns accommodation and full training and instruction from their highly experienced professional team of tandem skydive instructors.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Absolutely an amazing experience, I will defiantly be doing this again. Our jump was postponed one day due to the heavy clouds, it was clearer the day we jumped but we waited a couple of hours before they got the ok to jump. I know they get a few complaints about delays but they are battling with nature, the weather is not something that is 100% predictable. I am glad there are more delays rather than accidents. The instructors are so energetic and professional; I can’t wait to jump again.

1  Thank Sophia M
SkydiveOZ, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

We really appreciate that you take consideration into how we work with the weather, its great you got to experience the thrill of skydive over Cairns.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"great video"
"safety video"
in 4 reviews
"felt safe at all times"
"safety measures"
"these guys"
in 10 reviews
"super fun"

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

At sunrise this morning the delightful jeremy and team at skydive cairns took me 14000 feet above palm cove beach and gave me the ultimate expierence. Free falling at 200km an hour for a minute then gliding through the sky for four minutes or so. What a rush and the view. It was a little early, so if you like your sleep land in the valley later in the day. You couldnt fault the operators, from the moment you walk into the office door, you can feel the energy. From the safety briefing to the moment you land your tandem master is an upmost professional. A massive thank you to mine, jeremy. Ive never wanted to hang onto a random man that much in my life. Cheers for creating a lifelong memeroy. I highly reccommend skydiving in cairns!!!!

1  Thank raindancingfun

Thank you so much its so great to hear such good feedback, we couldnt have explained the expereince of skydiver better than this.
We will send on the message to Jeremy for you and look forward to you coming again!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have jumped 13 times around the world and this company gave me the best experience. Professional and what an awseome drop zone. My tandem master was great, letting me steer the parachute and a perfect landing!! Not sure what the woman before is talking about (why couldn't you lift your legs? My harness was tight and I had no problem!), this is the best company I've been with and felt safe at all times! All checks were done better than anywhere els ein the world and perfect temperature. Great view of Cairns and out to the reef. Great price, Thankd guys keep up the great work!!

2  Thank Luksta
Reviewed July 27, 2012

These guys are NOT profession​al or humanin in anyway shape or form. I was in a serious accident last week and sky dived from Cairns and my parashoot failed. We had the spare one back up but becuase they NEVER tested the harniss, I was unable to lifty my legs and there for broke my ankle, ligaments all completely​. I have only just got out of hospital and went to visit them to simply ask for a refund. I did not get insurance no, I was not asking for fees, pain relief, extra accommodat​ion while in Cairns, but SIMPLY a refund of my experience​ which was not a good one at their negligence​. I was called back today to advise they will not do anything, I was so upset when I visited them when I asked for this refund only so that I could move on emotionall​y (been in hospital and had pins and plates in surgery) and they have ssimply said no u didn't get insurance.​ I UNDERSTAND​ THIS BUT TO PAY FOR AN EXPERIENCE​ THAT HAS LEFT ME DISABLED, WITHOUT WORK, EMOTIONAL DAMAGE, YOU WULD THINK TYHAT IS THE LEAST A COMPANY CAN DO IF THEY ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.​ DO NOT EVER SKY DIVE WITH THESE PEOPE AS THEY ONLY CARE ABUT THEIR MONEY AND THEY DO NOT DO AN SAFETY PRACTICES,​ TRAINING, or testing of exquipment​ on you before diving. -

18  Thank Kate E
See more reviews
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Whatever butterflies you have in your stomach will disappear as soon as you step in to this place. On seeing the clips of first time jumpers play out, you just can’t wait your turn and before you know it you are all geared up & ready to go. Despite God knows how many jumps the instructors must have done, you can still feel their excitement & energy and this revs you up all the more. Thorough, professional & experienced, you know you are in hands you can trust…well in my case, strapped to the cutest instructor there ;-)

Jump at this one…. EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME!!!

2  Thank Rochelle R
SkydiveOZ, Manager at Skydive Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Great to hear you had such a great skydive, we always make sure our customers are well looked after and our team at skydive Cairns is a great one and we all work together as it is an activity where you open your mind to new senses.
Thanks again and look forward to seeing you soon