“Cairns Sharehouse - the best option for an extended stay in Cairns”
Review of Cairns Sharehouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cairns
Cairns Sharehouse
Ranked #32 of 84 Specialty Lodging in Cairns
Cairns
“Cairns Sharehouse - the best option for an extended stay in Cairns”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at 325 Draper Street for a couple of months and shared a room with my boyfriend. Our roommates were from all over the world and became really good friends.The room was very nice, the house was always clean and tidy and we enjoyed our stay there a lot. If you are planning on staying in Cairns for a while, the Sharehouse is your best option: It's cheaper, cleaner and just all in all nicer, plus it's really close to town!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cecile K

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed September 4, 2012

this is an amzing system where you can live in a flatting situation from travellers from all over the world, you get your own room and its WAY cheaper then a backers dorm!!! the places are really nice and the staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. you can book cheap tours through them and other good stuff (like cheap meals, dvd hire, internet access).

Room Tip: category b is a great choice, still economical, but a bit nicer.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dresden, Germany
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We´ve been there in April 2012 for two weeks. Sharehouse was clean, price okay.
No Data limit for the Internet=)

We had a Jacuzzi there - but there cleaned them only once in two weeks.
Good place to stay for a longer period - if you like the place depends on your roommates=)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
cairns-sharehouse, Manager at Cairns Sharehouse, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor, and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry if you were misinformed regarding the cleaning of the jacuzzi, but just so you are aware the jacuzzi is cleaned a minimum of 2 times per week by our inhouse Maintenance Manager. We do this on Mondays and Thursdays, however we will do an additional clean if required as reported to us by the guests living onsite. We hope that you will return to stay with us again in the future.
Amherst, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed in 351 Draper street for 10 weeks and have absolutely loved my stay here. I highly recommend a stay in the sharehouses if you are thinking of staying for a nice long stay in Cairns. The people who work in the office are extremely kind and know a lot about the area. I went in about once a week to ask questions, rent movies, or book activities and they always had a smile. They are very flexible and keep the house clean. The rooms are a great size and the house has great location to the buses and town. You meet very interesting people in the sharehouse from all over the globe, it was always fun.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Adelaide resident visiting Cairns
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The taxi driver said as he dropped me off, 'This is the best run Sharehouse in Cairns'.That was 5 years ago and every year since I have stayed here at the sharehouse and totally agree with the taxi driver!!!!! I come up from Adelaide South Australia for 4 months every year to escape the cold winter down there.

Cairns Sharehouse is simply a home away from home for me and anyone who stays.. I arrive to an apartment that has a fully equipped kitchen, you can grab your shopping and start cooking your meal. I have a single room with a double bed,built-in wardrobes, writing bench, seats and a key to my door. I walk in each year to a very clean bedroom with the bed made - home away from home :) Two bathrooms and a $2 coin washing machine is on site . The apartment isn't cramped at all, I love meeting people from all parts of this world. A cleaner comes in every week to clean the shared area, bathrooms, kitchen and dining room. As soon as someone leaves the cleaners are in and fully clean the bedroom top to bottom. Wash up equipment, cloths and detergent is regularly supplied and replaced. Office checkers come in every day to make sure that the the shared apartment area is kept clean. You have your own personal crockery and cutlery waiting in your room for you when you arrive.

The staff are professional and amazing and each one of them are great communicators who genuinely care about our comfort, needs and safety. There is a 24 hour emergency number that is connected to a real person from the sharehouse, they really do care about us, we are definitely not a number to them but an individual. When you wonder into the office you are welcomed and asked if everything is going okay and they listen. I wanted a pot to cook soup and they arranged to get one and delivered it :) as part of the supplied equipment.

As the taxi driver said, this is the best Sharehouse in Cairns - I did check around - I love the experience and I am sure you will too!!!!

Cheers,
Jan Cocks

PS: As they say a photo is worth a thousand words so here are a few of my photos to share with you.

Room Tip: I love my room in 17 Scott Street. The city is approximately 250 walking steps away and if you walk...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sintel12
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I'd stay in csh for 5 months and it was a great location clean, nice location , easy access and really closed to the city, friendly staff although is not cheap but if you work it can be consider as value for money for the facilities they'd offer.. overall it was enjoyable place to live in!

Room Tip: I've stay in the apartment kind of house really nice and tidy, if you like to have a big room, b...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Sydney
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Recently stayed with Cairns Share house and I highly recommend them. Clean, well kept, great location friendly staff, great value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo