“COOKTOWN 4WD ADVENTURE”

$365.10*
2-Day Cooktown 4WD Small-Group Tour from Cairns or Port Douglas
Ranked #29 of 162 Tours in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are into history, botany, adventure, getting away from it all, seeing the rainforest and the outback, or 4 wheel driving then a tour to Cooktown is the trip for you. Choose from 1, 2 or 3 day tours departing from Cairns and Port Douglas. For those interested in learning about our regions rich Aboriginal culture, join us on the Daintree Dreaming Day Tour where you can have a better understanding of this unique and interesting culture with the Kuku Yalanji people, the traditional owners of the lands we visit including Mossman Gorge.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were picked up on time from our Port Douglas accommodation.
This was an excellent well planned day out which gave everything that was promised.
Our guide Gary was knowledgeable & interesting.
The included morning tea stop was delightful. Lunch at the Lion’s Den was spot on.
I was amazed that some of our fellow travellers had room for dinner at Mt Carbine!
Cooktown is lovely, having visited the excellent museum on our last visit, we had a little wander found a shaded spot in the foreshore park and watched the antics of the local birds.
This was a long day out, but well worth the time & money.
We would not hesitate to recommend this superb tour.

1  Thank MarieG60
Maryanne J, Owner at Adventure North Australia Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, I was actually on this tour myself as far as Wujal Wujal
where I met with the local Walker Family Tours who we work with closely with.
It always amazes me our beautiful region and this is why we want to share it with you, even though it is a long day but a great day with amazing diverse scenery

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review

Regards Maryanne, Owner

There are newer reviews for Adventure North Australia Tours

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Can highly recommend this full day trip, our guide Scotty was very informative and knowledgable. Morning tea at a fantastic setting in the daintree, lunch at Lions Den with a nice cold 'beverage' and on to Cooktown, where Scotty took the initiative to switch the order of our visit to Grassy Hill to ensure we got the best view before the rain came in. A cold ale at Cooktown pub before the journey home with a few well timed stops for refreshments at an evening meal. All in all a great day out!

1  Thank KandJ1988
Maryanne J, Owner at Adventure North Australia Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you for your review, so pleased you enjoyed your day with us.
Cooktown is such a beautiful Australian township and like yourself always have a refreshing ale when visiting, it's a must do. I will pass on your review to Scotty

Regards Maryanne

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We took this tour in September 2013. After a small glitch in getting picked up for the wrong tour initially, the tour owner made an immediate accommodation so that we could enjoy the full tour on a different day. This tour goes through sugar cane fields and then the Daintree rainforest via the Bloomfield Track to Cooktown. We saw a lot of wildlife, including crocodiles. The tour guide was very knowledgeable, and there were sufficient stops for food and snacks. We highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank Foreranger
Maryanne J, Owner at Adventure North Australia Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for your review, it was my pleasure to make sure we delivered your tour
Regards Maryanne

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had never done a full day Indigenous tour before doing the 1 day Daintree Dreaming tour with our guide Cravel. We started the day by being picked up in our comfortable vehicle and were whisked away to visit the studio of Brian (Binna) at his studio, Janbal. I was introduced to dot painting and took away a key chain that I had painted with original Indigenous paints. From there I went to Mossman Gorge to experience the beautiful Daintree rainforest with my guide Roy. I learned about the flora, fauna and customs of the local Kuku Yalanji community. After lunch at the Mossman Gorge Centre, it was on to hunting and gathering with Indigenous guide, Brandon. Into the waters at Cooya Beach to hunt for fish, shell fish, mussels and the likes. Once we had gathered enough, it was over to Brandon's parents house, across from the beach, for tea, muffins and the cooked sample of the catch which Brandon prepared beautifully. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this trip it was a delightful day.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Excellent very informative day trip. Great food and great company had very enjoyable day and got to see so much !

1  Thank tracie555au