“Great place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Botanic Gardens Restaurant Cafe
Ranked #363 of 592 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leuven, Belgium
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

The smoothies are really yummy, it's nice to sit and relax in a peaceful place, staff is very friendly

Visited April 2013

• Czech first
Kerikeri, New Zealand
“Not happy with service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

It's nicely appointed with interesting menu but, when we visited on Sunday for lunch, I had to clean my chair which hasn't been wiped, obviously, for some time, there was stuff on floor and, after ordering soup of the day and quiche, we waited for 50 minutes in spite of guests at only two other tables. Food was good and theybhave half heartedly apologized. We decided to have coffee later elsewhere because we didn't want to lose more time.

Visited March 2013
Cairns, Australia
“Simply Unique and Invigorating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I'm relatively new to the area, well travelled, have eaten in 1,000's of establishments and this place is on my list as truly unique. The menu is vast, the service is great, and the ambience enchanting. It is the number one relax eating spot in Cairns, there is nothing else like it. There is no hustle or bustle as you are sitting in an all weather open dining area with stunning foliage engulfing your view.. Highly recommend the Egg's Benedict and Waffles and smiley Morgan makes a great brew. After your meal it is so invigorating that you can step out of your chair and into a maze of natural beauty.

• Visited March 2013
Nottingham
“Disgraceful service, awful food cooked by an enept manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

WOW I have been to some poor places in my time, mostly its just just one of two things, however this place doesn't have a single clue about customer service or how to cook food. On my FIRST visit to this god forsaken place I just wanted a tea and croissant, as I waited for about 10 minutes for someone to come and take my order I went up to the hatch to save them the bother, however this evoked an Immediate reaction from some grumpy looking woman who snapped at me to "go take a seat its table service" she had walked away before I could say anything. So I went back to my seat to await another woman, who incidentally was covered in flour and other bits of food and who didn't bother saying hello, to take my order.
the food and drink arrived relatively quickly and I gave them the benefit of the doubt. the tea was OK however the croissant was stale although the fillings of cheese and ham was edible.
So my second visit, I was meeting a friend here on his terms and I was inclined to see whether they were just having an off day. So again now knowing not to go to the hatch I took my seat, the place was about half full however there wasn't a single table free as the rest were full of dirty crockery. Once we had moved some plates we we're eventually approached by the same woman with dark hair and an accent this time with less food on her. Once again she barely looked at us while we ordered and was very unconcerned with being even remotely welcoming. The food, well first of all my 7 year old dog could present the dish with more style, and once I found a long black hair in the hollandaise and the bacon was burnt and cold, I wretched! I took the dish to the counter where I was accused that the hair was mine! I'm not one for arguing so we left after they made my friend pay the bill.

I could write more about this place but I seriously can't be bothered to spend more of my time typing.

the Cafe down the road is a lot better!!!! please avoid this place at all costs!

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
“loverly relaxed restrant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

excelent selection of snack and main foods , good service fair prices and loverly location will definiterly return again

Visited August 2012