“Amazing - will be back”

$119.28*
and up
Great Barrier Reef Diving and Snorkeling Cruise from Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: Down Under Cruise & Dive based in Cairns, QLD is one of Australia's leading tour operators providing guests of all ages and nationalities with world-class experiences on the Great Barrier Reef. Travelling on-board EVOLUTION, Australia's most luxurious reef vessel you will travel in style and comfort for a very affordable price.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Inverell, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing - will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I came to cairns to get away and relax - we did an introductory dive with Downunder dives and had a blast. I had never snorkelled let alone been on a dive. The crew were amazing and supportive. We did a second dive and are currently in the process of planning our next trip back to do our dive certs with this crew. Look forward to doing this all again. Thanks everyone :)

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Airlie Beach, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Price / Service Ratio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I chose this company because of the price and the recommendations on TripAdvisor. I have to say, I am not disappointed.
I booked two guided dives, and each dive was 45 minutes. I think that is a good time. Apart from that, we had about five hours at the two different reefs. So when not diving, I was snorkelling all the time. The food wasn't great, but was good enough to feed me.
I agree with what other people said: It is quite ramped. So if you want space, luxury and somewhere to sunbake, you definitely should choose a different boat (probably one that goes to a pontoon). But if you want to be in the water, it is more than good enough.

1 Thank sasasou
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Too many people and too rushy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Starting from the check in, the queue was too long, while in the other companies was unexistant. This was ought to the good prices...but this meant that we were late and the boat was too speedy to arrive to the dive location.
25% of the boat ( i think we were around 70 people) were sick after one hour, it was not possible to stand up on the boat because of the huge movement, you were falling of the sides...I´ve never experienced that before and I´ve travelled a lot on boats...
The snorkeling was by swifts so you were not able to do it when you wanted and you were called by a number to jump on the sea and to come out....horrible!!!
I didn´t try the food because one of the travelers vomited on the table....
The animator was the best, trying to cheers us up...

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Jarenas24
Sydney
“Awesome dive but a bit rushed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I went on the cruise with two friends I was travelling and we chose this company because they offered three dives and was cheaper than a lot of other companies.

We went to the marina, signed in and went on the boat were the staff was very helpful in guiding us to find the proper swimming gear (snorkel and flippers). Afterwards we went to the lounge/cafe area where everybody was briefed on what would happen during the day.
After a while all the divers met up for instruction and safety briefing where they explained the skills that we were gonna practice in the water and helped us fill out a questionaire on safety.

I was in the first group so we were immediately sent to the back of the ship afterwards and geared up. The staff then helped us into the water.

First they make sure that everybody can do two skills underwater which is practiced while holding onto the ladder on the boat which felt very safe. At first I had to go up because my goggles were too loose so they filled up with water. But the staff above water helped me and the underwater diving instructor tightened them a bit more when I went down again.

On the first dive our whole group was arm-in-arm so we got used to being underwater - therefore if you want to swim by yourself get at least two dives.

After the dive and some snorkelling the boat moved on to the next reef. During the sail we had lunch.

At the second place we did have some trouble. The staff did not inform us when the next dive was. So when we went to ask one staff member he looked mad and told us agressively that we were late and he had just sent another group down. We also had to wait for our friend who was doing the helicopter ride. The staff had said that this was fine but this one staff member seemed to think that it was very annoying to him because we would be late.

However, both the second and third dive were very good and the instructor had us do different stuff underwater such as sitting on the bottom and he directed us to places where we could see "Nemos".

The only down sides to this day was the angry staff member and the fact that he got even angrier in between the two dives where he rushed us out of the water so that we could quickly get a new tank of water. Since the staff had approved of the three dives AND the helicopter ride we did not like being treated as if this was very annoying to them. But this was the absolutely only down side.

It was an amazing experience diving.
The food was good and plenty and we even got cheese, crackers and wine (goon) on the way home (complementary). This cruise is very good for backpackers and young people in general!
The entertainment was very entertaining and the sundeck was large enough for many people.

Also, they have free ginger pills to help sea sickness - and I do recommend taking these before you get sick.

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Day out on the Osprey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Definitely got my moneys worth diving-wise! 3 dives in different locations in one day - awesome!!
The boat was quite busy but didn't feel too cramped, and the lunch was really good :D
The staff were heaps of fun and really looked after me!!

2 Thank Lucy W