“Best in Cairns”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Loved this place! Came here two nights out of four as we couldn't get enough of the ramen and gyoza! I've been to hundreds of ramen places and this place is definitely up there as one of the best, and amazing value for money! You won't be disappointed. Much more character than many of the restaurants in Cairns, and way better standard of food, too. Don't be put off by the queues - you won't have to wait long.

There are newer reviews for Ganbaranba

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Very busy and popular Noodle bar in town, good service and fast presentation. Not much to be said about this place, would be more reasonable if the price is lowered for a dollar or two, but good in all.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I happened upon this place on a sleepy Tuesday night in Cairns. The city was sleepy, but not Ganbaranba. Despite a full house, the staff found us a table quickly and served house green tea on ice (much needed as it can get warm in there). The menu showed a variety of ramen choices. The Sunrise (spicy pork) and #15 (Chicken Broth based) made it to our table and were delicious. If you're up for noodles, this place is worth a try.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I ordered no #1 off the menu and it was excellent. My partner ordered one of the ramen with lots of meat in it and he said it was really good as well. We also ordered 5 pcs of gyoza, which are homemade and probably one of the best gyoza I've ever had. Will definitely come back again next time I go to Cairns!

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

The food was delicious and good value with friendly and efficient service. I would happily return if I'm ever visiting Cairns again. Best is you can top up your noodles if you still have soup and are still hungry for less than $2.00. What a great deal!!