“Cape Tribulation and Daintree Rainforest”
Review of Billy Tea Safaris

and up
Chillagoe Caves and Outback Day Trip from Cairns
Ranked #21 of 132 Outdoor Activities in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: Small personalised 4WD Tours to Daintree Cape Tribulation 4WD Bloomfield Track, with high clearance vehicles going further than any other company, running every day except Christmas Day. Also the only 4WD Day tour to Chillagoe Caves & Outback tour, touring ancient 400 million year old caves and seeing many species of wildlife runs Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Not ava Christmas Day and Good Friday.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I really enjoyed my rainforest safari with Billy Tea. My guide, Kathy, grew up in the area so her knowledge of the plants and birds we saw on our rainforest walk was excellent. She looked after us really well all day and the tropical fruit tasting and barbecued steaks for lunch were delicious. We didn't see many crocs on the river cruise - I think because we were there at high tide - but that was completely made up for by the sighting of a cassowary. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Helen C
Michelle M, Guest Relations Manager at Billy Tea Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

HelenC, thank you :) Thanks for spending the day with us, for taking the time to review your day and thank you for the wonderful compliment about the fruit tasting and lunch - You're absolutely right with everything that you've said & the Cassowary sighting is always a thrill. We value your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Happy days to you HelenC, again my thanks.

There are newer reviews for Billy Tea Safaris

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I am a local resident of Cairns and have visited the Daintree many times. This time I decided to go on a guided trip.

Thoroughly enjoyed this safari with Cathy. Being with a small group meant we all got to talk to one another. The variety of activities included on the day was mind blowing and yet it was also relaxed. As well as the drive up the coast and through the rainforest we visited all the places outlined in the brochure and on the web site. The highlights for me was seeing a crocodile (a big one!) swimming across the Daintree River and meeting a female cassowary while we were on the homeward bound journey. Once in a lifetime!!
Another aspect which enthralled me was Cathy's stories of the area in which she grew up, her knowledge of Indigenous people and their way of life and the ancient, and more modern, history of the region. Thank you, Cathy, for sharing your knowledge and experience with us!
I can thoroughly recommend this trip.

FloraM, our thanks for spending the day with us :) I'm glad to hear that you've seen the big crocodile, the cassowary and enjoyed your time with Cathy. Our guides are all very experienced and well received by our guests. I'm also glad that you found your trip relaxing, even though the day was full of activity :) I do thank you for your recommendation and of course, if you're looking at another tour for a day, we would love to see you on our Chillagoe Caves & Outback tour.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Highly recommend this tour. Our guide was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the Daintree Rainforest. We had a wonderful time and felt the price was very fair for all the activities we experienced. Wonderful lunch and hospitality- MUST DO!

ShannonM - thank you. Your review is very happily received. You're right! We do our best to offer value for money and I absolutely agree with you about the hospitality whilst you're on tour with us :) I thank you for your time and effort and wish you very happy travels.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our tour was booked following the recommendation of David at the Jack & Newall apartments, our tour guide for the day was Matthew. All through the day Matthew gave us the benefit of his knowledge of the area as well as his knowledge of plants, animals and the fruits and the foliage of the forest. He even cooked a fantastic steak when it came to lunch time. During the trip we enjoyed a coastal drive, a river cruise, a walk in the National Park, a swim at Emmagen Creek where we also tasted various Australian fruits as well as “Billy Tea” cooked in a “Billy Can”, Cape Tribulation beach and a lovely BBQ lunch where we were also able to feed the kangaroos. This was a brilliant day out which gave us a great insight to the area and its habitants, Matthew was an exceptional tour guide as his knowledge was fantastic, he also had a great personality and was able to keep everyone of all ages interested in what he had to say.

1  Thank KevinCoral
Michelle M, Guest Relations Manager at Billy Tea Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Hello to you today KevinCoral and many sincere thanks to you for your wonderful review :) I'm thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed your day in our region and I'm equally thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed your learning experience with Matthew - I've also toured with Matthew, and was really impressed with his wealth of knowledge. And you're right - Lunch with the kangaroos is great, as is Emmagen Creek, exotic fruit sampling, billy tea experience and gosh, so much to see and enjoy! Thanks again KevinCoral and happy travelling for you!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

A long day but well worth it to get to see the Daintree Rainforest.

The trip included a drive up from Cairns to see the Daintree Rainforest, including a one hour river tour with the local guides. Then it continued north further into the rainforest and eventually up part of the Bloomfield Track to Emmagen Creek. Eventually returning via Cape Tribulation.

The scenery is spectacular and if you're lucky you'll get to see some Crocs and Cassowaries.

Matthew was the perfect guide for the day, being both extremely knowledgeable about the flora and fauna of the region, a dependable driver through some tricky areas and continually keeping us entertained with his humour during the down times while travelling between locations. If you go on this tour, if you're on board with Matthew you won't regret it!

A brief morning snack, a BBQ lunch and fruit for afternoon tea was also provided, along with a stop for ice cream on the way back home.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Daniel R
Michelle M, Guest Relations Manager at Billy Tea Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Hello to you today Daniel R and wow - what a great review! Thank you for taking the time to write about your Billy Tea Safari experience. I do appreciate it. I'm equally thrilled to hear that you've had a fantastic time with Matthew as your guide. He's an exceptional guide that we're very proud to have on our team. Do visit us again if you happen to come to Cairns, we'd love to see you. Thanks again.