“Good food at great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lillipad Cafe

The Lillipad Cafe
Ranked #21 of 596 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Mexican, Russian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The best breakfast, brunch, and lunch cafe in Cairns. Heaps of vegan and vegetarian options, top-notch cakes and fresh juices. Budget friendly menu of European, American Southwest, and Aussie favorites. A humble cafe that cooks with love for locals and travelers alike.
Cairns, Australia
“Good food at great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My friends and I have frequented this place since it first opened. I've tried nearly everything on the menu and I haven't had any disappointing meal yet. It has the vibe of eating out at a friend's house - friendly and casual. The freshly squeezed juice is simply refreshing as well as it serves one of the best Chai Latte in town. For the small eaters, the serving size may seem shocking. It is massive!!! But the staff will happily put your left over in a container for you to take home.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank LaLiaLuna

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“Giant Servings!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Ate here twice over my stay as I loved it so much.

The goddess cards as table numbers are a lovely touch.
I had fresh juices and french toast and eggs and bacon.
Gigantic servings meant I saved a bit of money on lunch and they loaded me up with plenty of maple syrup for my french toast. The eggs were runny, bacon crispy, just the way I like it.
Efficient, friendly service.
Thank you!

Visited March 2013
“WON'T BE RETURNING!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This morning my boyfriend decided to try the lilli pad cafe for the first time, I had read some good reviews on the place more good then bad. We went into the cafe and it was busy we waited about 5 minutes for a vacant table, the menu has quite a variety and the all day breakfast selections sounded appealing. However we sat down at our table and no one cleared it or wiped it down, we continued to ask for someone to wipe it down we continued to wait and no one came back. We waited an hour and ten minutes for our food and the complimentary water tasted like it was from a garden hose. The meals however were very tasty and large portions however they were not completely worth the hour and ten minute wait for some bacon and eggs. The lilli pad is runned by hippies which I personally think need to learn to a thing or two about customer service and professionalism. The cafe itself needs to be cleaned up the furniture is mis matched and makes the place look tacky and i couldn't wait to finish my food and leave I was not happy with the ambiance of the place. All in all the breakfast was yummy but very average and I will not be returning again.

2 Thank sonnymustravel
Cairns, Australia
“Hippy vibe, hippy service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've been here on many an occasion as I have many friends that love the place- and to be honest I don't understand why. Apart from the meals being HUGE and a resonable price everything about this place is just a but meh. Food always takes about 30-45 mins to come, coffee is TERRIBLE, juices are okay and they always sprinkle chopped parsley all over my plate so it looks like someone has just mowed the lawn and put the grass cllippings everywhere. The main thing I don't understand is the size of the meals. Here we have a cafe that is run by hippies yet they are throwing away probably 1/3 of 70% of the meals they make. Way to ssave the planet! And to top it off- if you leave your plate unattended outside you may just have someone pinch something off your plate as the local less fortunate people have clued on to the large portion sizes and mass left overs.

• Visited December 2012
“Best breakfast in Cairns!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Come here every time we are in town, food is delicious and always fresh, coffee is good. Great range of meals for everyone, all at an excellent price. Staff are always helpful and polite. Wish there was more outdoor tables :)