“Cairns locals find OceanQuest a great value for money diving experience”
Review of Divers Den

Divers Den
Book In Advance
More Info
$139.29*
and up
Great Barrier Reef Diving and Snorkeling Cruise...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Divers Den is the right choice for visiting the Great Barrier Reef. Divers Den has operated from Cairns, Australia for over 30 years, making us not only the largest but also one of the longest established Cairns Diving and Snorkeling companies in the area. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced Diver or Snorkeler, your safety and enjoyment is on the top of our list when you visit the Great Barrier Reef with us.
Reviewed April 16, 2010

As trip coordinator for the Cairns Nautilus Scuba Club it is my job to organise monthly dive trips for club members. Without a doubt the overnight trip on OCeanQuest was one of the most enjoyable and relaxing trips I have organised, and was enjoyed by all club members who participated (9).
The boat is extremely comfortable and well appointed, and there really is nothing quite as good as stepping in for your dive off the back of what amounts to a floating hotel.
The dive sites were good, with nice reef structures and plenty of variety in marine life. We had an Eagle Ray, Cuttlefish, Turtles, Giant Trevally, Octopus, Grey Reef sharks and plenty of Maori Wrasse. Lots of smaller stuff too.
The food was good, the beds were comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful.
If you are looking for a great trip out to the reef, but are limited on time I highly recommend an overnight stay on Oceanquest over a day trip.
Great value for money, and an overall big thumbs up from us locals.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)
All reviews
in 35 reviews
"these guys"
in 78 reviews

Reviewed April 13, 2010

I have dived all around the world but my first love is still the Great Barrier Reef. Deep Deep Sea Divers Den turned just turned two days into a whole holiday for me... All the staff on land and sea were super polite and friendly - not to mention efficient and professional. OceanQuest (the Liveaboard) is literally a floating hotel - big and spacious with some of the best facilities I have ever experienced on a liveaboard. The diving never ceases to amaze me - the reef is in great condition, healthy and full of life - from reef sharks down to amazing nudibranchs.
In short - if your time and money are constrained then contact the Deep Sea Divers Den now!!!

Reviewed April 5, 2010

During our stay in Cairns we used DSDD for trips to the outer Great Barrier Reef and my wife did her PADI certification with them. The dive boat and crew was very well organized and there was never a moment to detract from the diving. We were unfortunate with the weather, which made the trips choppy (half the guests were sea sick) and the visibility limited. But the crew dealt with everything in a cheerful, professional and efficient manner.

My wife was nervous about diving and the instructors were great at coaxing her along and getting her to go beyond what the thought she would be happy with.

I would recommend DSDD to anyone going diving in the Cairns area.

Reviewed April 2, 2010

As a travel agent, experiencing this product was the highlight of my holiday. I very much enjoyed my stay onboard the Ocean Quest 2, all in all; eating, sleeping and diving! PERFECT!
The staff and volunteers were all very friendly and helpful. Dive briefings before every dive were very handy, and meal and dive schedule is very organised, which I liked!!
The food was amazingly good and the desert was even better :)
Accom was very comfortable and facilities were clean and sparkly..
I would highly recommend this boat - even if you are not a real mad keen diver, dive at your own leisure and they also offer some awesome snorkelling reef options also.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 9, 2010

The crew on this boat was outstanding. They are always smiling and trying to insure you are enjoying the experience. The food was great. The area where you put on your gear is spacious and well organized. The platform is easy to get to and easy to use.

I went in late Feb. I'm told that is the rainy season and that causes runoff which lowers the visability. The viz was maybe 60 feet. Not what I had hoped for but not bad.

Don't stay in room 11 if you are a light sleeper. The engine that runs the generator seems to be close by and it runs continuously. If I had been staying more than one night I would have asked them to move me.

2  Thank sasdgh