We really enjoyed our stay at Park Regis City Quays. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the location was great - only a 5 minute walk to shops, restaurants and the esplanade, and had all the necessary amenities for a great stay.
We booked a recently renovated room that was very clean and nicely done - there was no view but we you have to pay a lot more for hotels with a view! The only trouble was our room was part of a pair that had their own door that led to room A and B. On our last night someone was checked into room A and decided to bring all their friends over who were shouting and slamming and banging on both doors until 12:30am and then came back to do it again at 3:30am.
The hotel had a lovely outdoor pool but it was not heated, so even though it was a beautiful 26/27 degrees outside, the water was absolutely freezing, far to cold for getting in to so we couldn't use it. It would benefit from being heated during the cooler months.
We also felt the $8 per day for parking was a tad excessive and should be cheaper or free.
Overall we had a great stay at the hotel and really enjoyed our holiday in Cairns. We would recommend it for anyone looking for a lovely hotel on a budget!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Regis City Quays invites you to discover Cairns and surrounds by providing the ultimate base during your next visit.With the Esplanade, harbour foreshore, restaurants, shops, Night Markets, Reef Casino and Marlin Marina merely a short stroll away; you are close to everything that makes Cairns a great destination. For guests attending tradeshows, conferences and other events, Cairns Convention Centre is conveniently located directly across the street from the hotel.Spectacular sights and experiences await you in Cairns. Take advantage of Park Regis City Quays’ tour booking service and find yourself snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef, sailing the crystal blue water on a catamaran or white water rafting on the Tully and Barron Rivers…the options are endless.Whether your stay is for business or pleasure (or a bit of both) – Park Regis City Quays is your ideal ‘home away from home’ whilst in Cairns. Extended and long stay guests are welcome at Park Regis City Quays - click here for more information.Relax and unwind in your modern hotel room or one/two bedroom self-contained apartment – all with individually controlled air-conditioning as well as ceiling fans, internet access, cable TV and most with large balconies. To enhance our guests’ experience, our superior rooms have recently been given a fresh new look including new pillow top beds and bedding, modern desks/work areas and new technologies such as iPod docking stations and high definition LCD TVs.Make the most of Cairns’ fantastic weather and cook up a classic Aussie meal at our rooftop sundeck and BBQ area. Afterwards, take a relaxing and refreshing dip in our outdoor swimming pool – perfection!Park Regis City Quays ensures a truly peaceful and relaxing retreat during your next visit to Cairns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Regis City Quays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Regis City Quays Hotel Cairns
- Park Regis City Quays Cairns