“Room tired, needs refurbishment”

Park Regis City Quays
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
western australia
“Room tired, needs refurbishment”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was disappointed with the hotel and I would not stay again. The room was in need of a good overhall, re-paint and the lounge suite and carpets had seen better days. I had to request the room be vacumed and the kitchen cleaned when i arrived as it had not been attended to. Also the toilet seat was up with a hair on it ! Also the bed was extremely hard. Also they dont provide a toaster unless you request one and if the smoke alarm goes off you get charged $200 ! I have never experienced this anywhere before. Especially in a self contained unit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank GBBWesternAustralia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Customer Service - not big at The Park Regis. It's just the basics, like not having enough keys for the "promoted free security garage". I booked this hotel because of the roof pool. No one mentioned that it was closed. So I change into my swimmers up to the top only to find out, that the pool area gets new tiles and that there is no swimming. Great!!
They gave me a room key that didn't work on the front door - only good that I came back before they closed the reception. I filled out a form and sent it to the head office - no reply. To bad, because the location is just great.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Dobo01
SWHG_Operations, Manager at Park Regis City Quays, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Dear Ms Dobo01

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments after your recent stay back in February with the Park Regis City Quays Cairns. I appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused during your stay.

Your comments have been well received and I have addressed these with my team. Please accept the below comments as explanations – not excuses.

1. Firstly I apologise for the inconvenience with the pool but unfortunately with long periods of inclement weather this job extended for a lot longer than anticipated. My staff should have offered you an alternative which is at our sister property – Piermonde, next door.

2. From time to time the front door swipes do play up even though we regularly have these serviced by the installing company. No one can give us a concrete reason but humidity seems to be the culprit. Again I must apologise for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you.

At the Park Regis City Quays Cairns we are committed to providing a high standard of facilities and customer service and we very much value your comments and views in this instance.

Again, I thank you for bringing these matters to my attention and I personally hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Regis Cairns in the near future and I ask that you contact me directly if so choose to do so on gmcityquays@parkregishotels.com

Yours sincerely

Wayne Booth
Park Regis City Quays Cairns
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Rooms clean and comfy and ideal central location convenient for Cairns sightseeing. Also free carparking which is a great advantage with a hire car.
Disappointing then to experience lacklustre customer service. Booked through airline promotion but on arrival staff didnt appear to have any record of booking and not much clue as to how it would be resolved except 'we will find you something'. Promotion included chocs and petrol voucher. Had to ask 4 times for voucher, eventually handed over and chocs never arrived. Dont really mind about either gift but when it was promoted it should be there. Staff indifferent to my feedback.
On departure I was told Manager would contact me - never heard. Have also left feedback on website. Have received a std reply answer welcoming me to stay again - I dont think so.
Such a shame as hotel had so much going for it at reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Peachie000
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Quays, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Dear Peachie000

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments after your recent stay with the Park Regis Hotel Cairns. I appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused during your stay.

Your comments have been received and I have addressed these with my team. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I must apologise for not making contact with you but there seems that we had a communication breakdown with my staff in which I have addressed

I am sorry that you felt you had not received great customer service. Here at the Park Regis Cairns as we are committed to providing a high standard of facilities and customer service and we very much value your comments and views in this instance.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and we hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Regis Cairns in the near future.
Melbourne
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We needed just 1 day accommodation because we had a late Tiger flight at 12.15. It was perfect because it was only $115 on wotif. The room was basic but if you are booked on full day trips it would be sufficient. It was recently renovated. Although the room need to be cleaned better...mainly the bathroom, which is a bit unmaintained. The room is very secure & we felt safe. There was a balcony, tv with movie channel, internet connection & bathroom shampoo/soap/conditioner dispenser. It was a short walk to the main strip & cairns central shopping centre. The staff allowed us to leave our bags at reception before 2pm check in. We checked out late, so put our keys in a box. Although, my friend needed to go back as she had actually missed her flight! After calling Park Regis they had someone meet her there & give her the keys back which was really nice b/c it was nearly midnight.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank AudreyandMax
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I stayed at Park Regis during a conference, this hotel was recommended on the conference website.
The rooms are spacious and decently kept. There were a few bugs around, but being at the tropics I think that may be normal. However after 4/5 days I started seeing bugs on my bed, so I asked the reception if they could have a look and change the bed sheets.
Despite being assured that they would have send somebody, nobody actually went there as the bed was untouched, asked again and same story.

On top of this, at the time of check out I was asking for the receipt and told if I could wait a couple of days and they would email that to me. I did not want to raise any issue, and agreed. It has been two weeks and no sign of the receipt or anybody actually replying to my mail.

Finally, I find out that the Park Regis is quite overpriced for its services, and you get much better hotels for the same price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank KH_3_10
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2010

MMM.. where do i start i guess i just cant go past the part where other guests were able to access our room with their keys which led to a very embrassing experience, for not only me but all parties involved. Im not sure what we paid for there was no security(anyone could of come in an helped themselves to our belongings) or privacy for that matter. we may as well of stayed at a backpackers. Staff did not seem overly concerned with the matter we were told they would pass the issue on the manager and they would phone us.. still waiting. Amongst other things i would NEVER stay here again or recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 85chisato
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights and was very happy with room and service, Everything was fine; clean and modern. The receptionist was so nice and helpful that I really wanted to stay there; even though it was a little above my budget

My room had all that I would want with en suite shower comfortable bed, desk a/c and TV. It did not have much of a view but that's only a minor point .
in room Internet was available (at cost )
I was hoping to use the rooftop pool but the weather wasn't too good .
Overall I like the place; it was convenient and clean. It was not a full service hotel; but there was a kitchen in room and plenty of eating places nearby.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo