“Poor service”
Review of Casa De Meze - CLOSED

Casa De Meze
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Overlooking Cairns’ bustling Esplanade and scenic water views, Casa De Meze gets the party started with a Mediterranean-Latino fusion of food, music and dance. A laidback vibe is just part of the attraction of Casa De Meze, where you can sip chilled sangria while browsing a large menu of pizza, pasta, seafood and tapas. Catering for all tastes, the restaurant also offers gluten free options, plus a range of regular specials. Casa De Meze's signature Spanish paella is a seafood sensation encompassing tiger prawns, barramundi, black mussels and calamari in saffron rice. For a chef's special you won't have to share, try Casa De Meze’s local sand scallops cooked in a lemon cream and sweet chilli sauce.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Good food but very disappointed with non interested staff. Cannot recommend as service was very poor.

CasaDM, Owner at Casa De Meze, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Hi Richard,
Thanks for taking the time and writing your review, it would help me a lot if you can tell me which day you dined with us and whether you where sitting inside or on the balcony.
Cheers

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant as a group of 4 food was good but the service was terrible.drink orders took a long time and we had to ask for refills which never came overall a bit disappointing the food was good though wouldn't go there again

CasaDM, Owner at Casa De Meze, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time and writing your review, it would help me a lot if you can tell me which day you dined with us.
Cheers

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We brought the fam here, we were a group of 11. Great food and service! we had a minor problem with one of the dishes we ordered, but was solved almost instantly and without fuss! No complaints there. The only comments came from the girls who were not fans of the toilets. Apparently steer away! All the girls used the facilities, and all had the same conclusion. Otherwise seem'd like a great spot on the balcony!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've walked back and forth past Casa De Meze and never really realized it was there I just thought it was part of Villa Romana. The other day I was craving something new so a good friend of mine recommended Casa De Meze on The Esplanade. I'm so glad she did!

As soon as you walk in you immediately get the feel of a family owned and run restaurant. With them being in business since 1999 they are certainly "doing it right". I forget our waiter's name but she was very polite, extremely helpful, offered choice advice on the food, and was prompt getting drinks to the table.

After studying the menu I wanted to try everything so I opted for the Banquet Feast, which doesn't have evrything that's on the menu but a great sellection for the price, grilled saganaki cheese, mixed dips, dolmades, octopus algrecco, lamb and chicken souvlaki, keftedes, baramundi, prawns, calamari and deserts, for only $39.90 per person I thought that was great value. I have never tried the grilled saganaki cheese before “WOW”.

I will certainly be going back as well as telling all my friends to visit for a meal. Thanks for a great dining experience, Casa De Meze :)

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Absolutely terrible Christmas lunch. I found bits of plastic in my food and all the waitress did was take it to the chef, nothing else, no feedback, no discount, just a plain apology. The wait for food was more than half an hr, and they didnt even offer a top up of beverages. This is the second time ive been here with my family, again, disappointed; never coming back there again.

2  Thank Rhea W