“My coffee.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Campos Coffee
Ranked #6 of 334 Coffee & Tea in Brisbane
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Campos Coffee QLD was opened in December of 2007. Same systems, same beans, same professional attitude. With our additional space we also had the opportunity to create an environment we could not only showcase the coffee we create, but also a high standard of food as well. Our kitchen serves breakfast and lunch seven days a week. Wandoo street also houses our public cupping room, our training, research and development centres, and a meeting room which is available to the general public.
“My coffee.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been getting my morning coffee here pretty much daily for the last year or so.. It's usually excellent but not always consistent ( I guess each barista has their own way) I have had breakfast here about 15-20 times and again it is usually pretty good.. I did have a dodgy fry up a while back but have had plenty of other excellent meals there since then, service is always really quick from super professional staff.. Ignore any negative comments about this place and enjoy your coffee.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Tucked away in an otherwise busy part of Brisbane. Excellent coffee. Food offerings are a bit limited, but quality is always good

Visited March 2013
“Hidden gem for a great cup of coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Great service and the chocolate beetroot cake is a must-have!! Hidden off the trendy James str precinct

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brisbane, Australia
“"How do you like your coffee?"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

That first sip of coffee in the morning is like a warm hug on a cool autumn day. Some might say it's more important than breakfast. Which is why, excellent coffee is essential.

Campos is synonymous with amazing coffee, and one of my favourite cafes in Brisbane. The flagship store on Wandoo Street is nestled behind the James St Market in a converted laneway / garage. All of this of course adds to its laid-back charm. Admittedly, I have never had breakfast, brunch or lunch at Campos, however, I have had coffee here of course, and I'm here once a week to pick up my 250g grounded Roma Espresso Blend. If you're like me and like your coffee strong, (so strong that it hits you like an over-hand right from Mike Tyson), then the Roma Espresso Blend is the strongest of the lot! It is Campos's foray into Southern Italian Coffee, a high quality robusta dark roast coffee. Chocolatey and full of flavour, it is definitely "not for the faint of heart". I always look forward to picking up a bag every week, with the aggressive and aromatic smell piercing through. I know there are cheaper options around, but I am happy to pay the $14 knowing it is of the highest quality.

One of the best things about Campos is the staff. They are friendly, and obviously have a passion for coffee. They seem to know the products intimately, answering any of your questions and explaining it as if it were food to be eaten. That kind of passion is infectious.

I will definitely have to try a meal here for once, as well as sign up for a "cupping experience" which will teach you all about the coffee buying operation, the processing of the coffees on the table as well as a tasting session. To quote Campos "It is one experience every coffee drinker should do at least once in a lifetime".

• Visited April 2013
“Great Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Coffee is fantastic. Decor is lovely, and service is always very good. The only thing with this cafe is that it faces south, in an alley, so there isn't any direct light, but the fit out is very nice. Menu changes regularly and I've tried a fair few of the breakfasts here that have always been very good. Someone mentioned that it is pretentious here. I haven't found that at all. I guess that centres on whether you feel within yourself that you fit in, or care about what people you don't know think.

• Visited February 2013