“Convenience & Hospitality”

One Thornbury Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 62 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2014

New owner has made some nice improvements to an already good bed and breakfast accommodation option which close to the city but easy to access and doesn't have the crazy parking costs of inner city hotels - will return

Room Tip: I prefer the layout of the 2 front rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 25, 2014

great location near Fortitude Valley easy walk to venues & restaurants, comfortable rooms, air conditioned & secure, nice garden area for drinks and breakfast, friendly hosts, wi-fi is free, free coffee & snacks

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at One Thornbury for one night. The room was lovely. Very clean and comfortable and with lots of nice touches, like fresh milk and chilled water in the fridge. It is the little touches that really demonstrated the proprietors were interested in the comfort of their guests. I loved the garden breakfast room and lounge and had a lovely breakfast there.

The service was wonderful. Even though I was only there for one night, Geof showed me to my room, let me leave my bags for the day and helped me with directions to the city. He even carried my bags to my car on my departure!

I will not hesitate to stay again and to recommend One Thornbury to all my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My partner and I stayed at One Thornbury in January and we LOVED it. We've stayed in B&B's around Australia and in Europe and THIS one makes you proud to be Australian!! The owners Kerry and Geoff looked after us and there were so many lovely touches - delicious afternoon tea and breakfast and the rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. An historic, classy and quiet location very close to the Valley and City of Brisbane - wonderful for dining out and an easy walk to our business meetings during the day! A special hello to "Carltie the B&B Cat" who was very welcoming and cuddly!!

Room Tip: All rooms seemed equally nice - although the attic suite looks great for a group!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sal_star1
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here 2 times at the beginning of our stay to Australia and cause we liked it so much at the end of our stay we added some days to stay here again. It is really lovely, quiet, beautiful cottage, with a very short walk you are in the city. My wife has a neural sickness and one day was late for a trip we had planned so I went ahead and gave her directions to meet me later. When Geof the man of the house got note of it he packed my wife in the van and drove her to our meeting place. Geof is someone that one likes to meet so far away from home. A real soul of a man. We can only recommend this place to travellers coming to Brisbane. They will leave with years of good memories looking back :-)

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Beautifully appointed accommodation, with the old world luxury and charm of yesteryear! Very clean, central only a stroll into town with a great opportunity to view the city. Very welcoming owner and helpful. If you're looking for a private enjoyable and relaxed stay in Brisbane city you can't go wrong! Great spot between city and Fortitude Valley! Lovely place, exceptional owner! Travelled with my 19 year old son, even he enjoyed the place!!! MC

Room Tip: All rooms excellent!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed at One Thornbury from 9 till 13 March and we simply felt at home here. We've been traveling around the world for half a year and this B&B was one highlight of the whole journey. The place itself has a phantastic style and offers a relaxed atmosphere. The service was more than perfect. Geof and Kerrie helped us out with everything we needed and gave us useful hints about places to go (e.g. for dinner). And their cat is simply gorgeous!