“The food was artistic.”

Cuisines: European, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I were so impressed by urbane, it truly was an amazing experience.
You can tell the chef loves to create beautiful food, its interesting and surprising.
When you go, you go for the experience. I would highly recommed it. If you look at the amount of detail that goes into each dish, it really is value for money.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate at Urbane again last night, and again we were impressed by the food and the service!
It is fantastic to have a vegetarian degustation option.
Great food, great drinks, great service = Great time!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Well it had been nearly a year since our last visit, and after dumping (hehe) our daughter at the mother in law we finally had a chance to have a romantic dinner with just the 2 of us. We decided to go the day after Valentines day as we don't like to be rushed and prefer the 7 course degustation rather then the smaller 5 course.
Well this time we had a lovely table upstairs (even though the table we had last time downstairs is more intimate). The food we had was again amazing, from start to finish I enjoyed every dish, and I love how we always get "surprise" dishes before the actual "degustation" starts. This time we had another surprise meal half way through and it was Barramundi shoulder in some kind of special Asian sauce (yummy!!!) my husband said it was the best fish dish he has tasted in a very long long time (and we do like going out for dinner very often).
But what makes Urbane special is not only the food and the ambiance.....it's the service, and I have to make another special mention (as I wrote a review about him last year) is to Michael our waiter (you won't miss the South African accent) He gives hands down the best service a customer could ever wish for, even if he is busy, he makes you feel like you are that extra special.....So Urbane do whatever you need to do to keep him! :-)
I have also taken a couple of photos of the wonderful dishes (much to my husbands embarrassment) + one of us and Michael.
So do yourselves a favour and book in!.

1  Thank ciaoworld
urbanemanager, Manager at Urbane Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

We can't wait to see you lovely guys again! Michael is also very honored for the special mention. Hoping to see you again for the next celebration and we have fantastic new menus and snacks in place to keep you very happy! All the very best and thanks again for the special mention!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Intriguing menu, brilliant delivery. These chefs know what they are doing and as for the sommellier - excellent advice without being in the least bit pushy. Get away from the Riverside precinct for your next special dinner and head directly to Urbane!

Thank you Joanne! We were pleased to see your review, makes perfect sense to us too. Your custom is always valued and very appreciated. We hope to see you soon for the new Herbivore and Omnivore menus which are now released for Autumn/Winter. Thanks!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

attended a champagne dinner on a long table of 25. Obviously the wine was special, Taittinger of course, but the 6 courses presented with the differnt champagnes were works of art. The degustation menu selected was elegant, extremely tasty, but somewhat small by portion. But thats why there were 6 courses with great flavours.
These guys deserve the good reviews they get, quiet achievers doing what they like best, presenting quality "fusion" dishes that make you think, wow, that was different.
I cant comment on the wine list although at a glance it has an amazing selection from all parts of the world, not cheap mind you.
For a special occasion this would be in the top 3 in Brisbane.
Now I want to try the Laneway, which is behind this restaurant, with better lunch time prices , beers on tap, and well priced wines by the glass,.

Dear Bruce, We thank you for your review, descriptive and you have hit the mark on what we are doing here at Urbane.-so thank you for noticing the finer details and quality, which is where we believe we shine. We would recommend you try The Laneway Thursday Lunch offer too as you are keen to come try our other more casual venue. The Laneway have such an awesome selection of craft beers, bar menu and the knowledege of the staff is second to none! (2 famous Laneway Burgers, fries and 2 beer for $50). See you soon Bruce.