“Great food, fast and friendly service and belly dancing”

Ahmet's Turkish Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 4,314 Restaurants in Brisbane
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food, fast and friendly service and belly dancing”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The 6 of us had tickets to see Bjorn Again at QPAC starting at 8pm on a Saturday night and so we booked the six o'clock seating at Ahmet's. They have another session at 8pm. We were seated at a lovely outside table promptly even though the place was very busy. Our drinks orders were taken straight away. While we were waiting for our food there was an amazing belly dancer with horn player and drummer. The belly dancer went through the restaurant and interacted with diners, selecting a person from each table to dance with her. It was really fun to watch and clap along with the great drumming. 4 of my family ordered the platters for two while I ordered the lamb cutlets and the 6th ordered the pide. The turkish breads and dips (part of the platters) arrived quickly and we all shared that. Then the platters came as well as the individual meals and it was clear that there wasn't a chance of completely finishing the platters. One platter could easily feed 3. There was no complaints about any of the dishes and I found my lamb cutlets to be delicious. We were out of the restaurant by 7.45pm and ready to head off to QPAC. Would definitely recommend it and will be going back.

• Visited November 2013

• Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
“Good Turkish fare but noisy”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

No views and always busy - standard fare is good and mass produced. Service is usually good but if you are going to a show, make sure they know you need to be out quickly!

Visited December 2012
“Great food but poor service”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

The managememt really need to educate or train staffs there. Most of them seem like they are very angry abt something. If you ask them for something, they say they will get it but never do....so you need to ask few staffs abt what you need. Food was great... my family really enjoyed it! Like other reviews, I recommend you to sit indoor. Much better vibe!!! But poor service!!!!! Overall, good place to go but with price and everything, they should provide better service!

Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent food, average service”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I regularly go here for the excellent food. The service is constantly disappointing and slow, but if you're not in a hurry and want to have a relaxed, fun meal with friends or family, Ahmets is a great place to go. I would recommend trying to get a table inside -- it has a really fantastic atmosphere (although dining outside, especially in summer, can be lovely too).

If you have room after your meal, try some of their turkish delight... it's absolutely delicious. Some of their cocktails and mocktails are overpriced but excellent too.

Definitely don't go here before seeing a show at QPAC-- you won't be able to get away in time!!

• Visited April 2013
Caloundra, Australia
“Dined here on a Sunday night and by 7pm the place was packed!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had dined here on a business trip a few years ago so decided to return with my wife.
The starter of Turkish bread with Baba Ganoush was nice and arrived promptly as did the water for the table. While waiting for the mains, we decided to have a beer but sadly the glasses must have needed a good polish as the "head" dissapeared almost instantly.
For mains my wife had the Lamb Cutlets and I had the Lamb Shiska. Both meals were very nice and the servings were large.
The live entertainment was a very nice Violinist and a Guitarist playing Gypsie style music. We were told that they rotate the entertainment and on some nights have a Turkish Belly Dancer.
my only critisism was that the bill was brought to us in an American Express folder, so I pulled out my AMEX and was told that there would be a 2.5% surcharge??? in the end I resorted to my VISA .
Would I dine there again...Sure would but I think this restaurant is better suited to groups sharing platters.

• Visited November 2013