“Great evening!”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Been here with both the family (3 boys) and with my 'girlfriends' (mates!) I REALLY ENJOY THE FOOD! Dip selection is a favourite. Kids and the blokes enjoy the belly dancer!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had my birthday lunch at Ahmets Southbank and was not disappointed. Our table of 16 were all very happy with their meals. The only complaint was that the falafel balls were dry. The meals are generous and most people struggled to finish their meal. I ordered the Pilic Sehrazat (slow cooked chicken) which was very tasty and cooked to perfection. Their wine selection is suitable and affordable. The interior design and belly dancing provides a cultural ambience. This is the second time I have dined at Ahmets Southbank and both times it has been an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We dined here before our concert, food was great, ambience perfect and the two performers (maybe father and son) were excellent. I travelled to Sultanamhet last year and had the best time ever. This restaurant brought back very fond memories and they ever serve Efes beer!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have always had pretty good food at Ahmets - one of my favs is the adana kebab and iskender kebab. But a little over the top with the decor and belly dancing for my liking - a bit of a romanticsed vision of what Turkey is.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My daughter and I sort of 'stumbled' on this restaurant on a very wet /stormy night in Soutbank, Brisbane recently. Not much else open on this Sunday evening so in we went! Wow- busy but staff quickly found a table for the two of us. Absolutely packed with diners! Large Turkish restaurant, very colourful with everything Turkish displayed. We weren't very familiar with Turkish cuisine but were pleasantly surprised. Fast service with water/ drinks , bread and dips.My daughter for main had a chicken dish with rice and salad whilst I had the lamb kebabs. I thought my dish was quite tasty , but my daughter said hers was rather bland. We shared a Turkish sweet platter but thought it was too sweet for our palates. Strong Turkish coffee! Ahmet's Restaurant also does Istanbul nights I read - would be interesting to experience I think. Prices a bit exhorbitant i felt.