“Best Margherita in Brisbane.”
Review of Beccofino

Beccofino
Ranked #24 of 4,659 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Best margherita pizza in brisbane. Simple as that. I go there about once a month despite living on the other side of town. A few things to note:

- The service is generally pretty good, apart from one maitre d who is occasionally there who has a real attitude problem. I suspect he is also the guy on the phone who wont let me make a booking, and then when I show up at the restaurant, he rejects me because I don't have a booking. I think he might suffer from narcissistic personality disorder.

- As alluded to above, they are (a) very busy, and (b), apparently unable to take bookings, so you quite often have to eat somewhere else.

- Twice my margherita has been almost inedible, as it was an uncooked soup in the middle. I think that must have been a fill-in chef, or they were having trouble getting the oven hot enough or something.

- I can't comment on the rest of the food there, I only ever get various pizzas, and the occasional entree.

Despite all these negative points, I'm still giving it 5 stars. That's how good this pizza is. If you don't like margarita pizza, go here and try it once, and there is a good chance you will be converted.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Our Brisbane friends love this place so it came highly recommended. They don't take bookings so we were a bit worried about a table for 8 on a Friday night, but the staff were terrific and we enjoyed a lovely Bellini at the bar for the short 10mins we had to wait for a table. The food was absolutely delicious - BEST pizza I've had in a very long time - all we heard was definitely true. There were a few delays but - it was a busy night & our waiter was trying his best, so all is forgiven! We'll definitely be back the next time we're in Brisbane.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

After travelling through Italy I missed the true italian style pizza that seems to be so hard to find here in Australia. Beccofino has restored my faith in italian restaurants here. I found all of the meals we ate were top quality at a very reasonable price. I will only be getting my pizza here from now on!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great pizza and pasta, but make sure you head for the pannacotta as it is one of the best. It pays to make sure you arrive earlier than your desired time - you can wait a while for a table on a busy night and it doesn't take bookings.