“Great Location for Business Travellers”

Oaks Charlotte Towers
Ranked #45 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Worked booked me in here and it was Great !!. Stayed on 29th floor from memory and the view was great. We were out a fair bit and back in rooms late at night and the staff were accommodating at all times. My 2 bedroom apartment was clean although may need some work done soon on furnishings. No real complaints at all. Enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor for a great view of Brisbane...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
OaksCharlotte, Manager at Oaks Charlotte Towers, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Oaks Charlotte Towers for your business trip. We look forward to you returning in the future for business or otherwise.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Sitting in 10th floor 2 bedroom apartment with no control over the temperature of the room and a fridge with a motor that drowns out the tv. V few stations available on foxtel - most arent picked up on this floor. I dont know how many times you would have to stay in an oaks 2 be welcomed in a way that recognises loyalty, but all i received after being a regular customer 4 years was an aggressive smile; with no service attached. My request for an upper floor was not acknowledged at all. In addition; the temperature guage on the air conditioner is a faxade, because it refuses to go below 24 degrees. The room was too hot to get a comfortable noghts sleep. My advice is, go somewhere else where the hosts at least show a service level above contempt

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Sangii
OaksCharlotte, Manager at Oaks Charlotte Towers, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused during your recent stay. I do beleive I have spoken to you personally since and as discussed a full follow up on the issues you have highlighted will be conducted. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Bottom line up front: Though the rooms can differ a little, the standard of accommodation and service in this place overall is very good - designer type trimmings all round and well appointed with all mod-cons. If I were rating purely on those aspects, and the fantastic location, this would be a 4 star rating from me for accommodation in Brisbane (along with the other Oaks in the Brisbane CBD); I have stayed here on over 20 trips for business, over the last 3-5 years and thoroughly commend the standard of accommodation and indeed service in general. For ~$190 per night for a single bedroom apartment (through my business) I have no complaints in these areas - it is the CBD after all. Noting previous review comments on the friendliness of staff...hmmm…I've never personally had a bad experience, but I travel in the US a lot so that probably explains things… I found the staff efficient enough, without being fantastic.

But…I'm going to take exception and use this report to make a point, in the hope that the chain will pick up their game; I am sick of being fleeced by Australian chains for Internet access fees that are simply ludicrous on an international, or even domestic standard. The casual Internet fees here are through a proprietary provider who charge (from memory) ~$5 for 2 hours or 50MB (whichever comes first), ~$22.50 for 24hrs or 200MB of usage (whichever comes first) and ~$90 for 7 days access or 1GB usage, whichever comes first. At first glance, $22.50 for 24hrs did not seem a bad option, but do you have any idea how quickly 200MB is used when you are just browsing the Internet, or even just accessing work through a CITRIX server to do some work away from you company's location? The answer is; a lot quicker than 24 hrs, and before you know it your prices are soaring!

Dear Oaks Charlotte Street, here is my message to your management; fix! I had this same issue with a hotel in Sydney, right near the CBD, who, after my constructive feedback actually did change supplier and provided a much more value oriented package. For example, unlimited usage rates, 48 hrs for $49. I'd be happy to pay this, for work purposes! What you offer is purely fleecing your hard won business customers. If it was easy enough for that busy Sydney chain to fix, then you have no excuse. I hope to see a better value oriented Internet access package at your chains in future - none of this per MB usage rate restrictions garbage thank you - what chain does this these days I ask? - or I shall not stay again, and shall pass the same advice to fellow customers who have your chain in my works extensive business accommodation options portfolio. Your hotels are a high quality standard and will keep loyal customers coming back, including me…but your Internet is a rip-off which compromises those same loyal customers and is at odds with standards in similar hotels chains in higher cost CBD areas of Australia than Brisbane! I trust you can receive this sincere feedback in the constructive way it is intended. I travel a lot, and you hotel's Internet charges are a thumping big anomaly I'm afraid.

Room Tip: Have stayed in every room location in the hotel, and they are all great as far as I am concerned!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JudeDudes
OaksCharlotte, Manager at Oaks Charlotte Towers, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

We appreciate your feedback regarding our current internet pricing. Our IT Department are currently exploring alternative options for internet and we hope to have different pricing options available in the near future. We trust you enjoyed your stay otherwise.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have strayed here and other Oaks properties in Brisbane for work on several occasions. Being a relatively light sleeper I always request a high from but never get one at Oaks Charlotte.

Last week was extremely noisy. I had a band playing bag pipes almost directly under my room from around 8-9pm. Even with the tv on maximum volume I could still hear them over the tv.

Then around 5am the rubbish out the bag was emptied. Again very loud for around 10 minutes.

The king bed was interesting. One side was super soft and the other almost hard as a rock.

Definitely disappointing because of the noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room when you book and check in
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
OaksCharlotte, Manager at Oaks Charlotte Towers, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you for letting us know of your recent stay at Oaks Charlotte Towers. We sincerely apologise we were unable to allocate a higher floor for you and that you were inconvenienced with outside street noise. We hope to welcome you back in the future and that we are able to allocate a more suitable room.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great Location: Right in the city centre.
Great Facilities: One bedroom aparment, very spacious. Full size kitchen, Big TV in the living room and a small one in the bedroom, all with lots international channels. Huge balcony with a view.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Oaks Charlotte Towers. We are very pleased you enjoyed our close proximity to the City Centre and the facilities of our apartments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our first return to Brisbane in some 15 years so we booked our four-nights’ accommodation in the CBD to enjoy the experience of walking around the main part of the city. The Oaks Hotel and Resort in Charlotte Street was perfectly located. We could easily access the Queen Street Mall, the Arts area on Southbank, the River Cat ferries, etc. Great.
Staff at the hotel were helpful and pleasant. The apartment was well set up with everything we needed. It was quiet and comfortable with a nice view of the city, so we didn’t feel ‘hemmed in’ by the tall surrounding buildings.
Our only ‘niggle’ was with the room service; it wasn’t as good as we’ve come to expect. It was not serious enough to complain about but did just take a little of the gloss off the stay.
Notwithstanding, the Oaks has helped to ensure that it won’t be another 15 years before we return to Brisbane and we would definitely stay with the hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Charlotte Towers, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

We are delighted that you chose to stay at Oaks Charlotte Towers on your return to Brisbane after 15 years! It’s fantastic that you enjoyed our close proximity to the Queen St Mall and Southbank. Thank you for letting us know about the room service. We are currently investigating alternative options for our guests.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights on a work trip, and was pleasantly surprised. My 1br apartment was well furnished, quiet, and had a comfy bed. The staff were friendly at all hours of the day or night (it was a very full on trip....), the plunge pool was nice, and whilst I didn't end up having time to use it the gym looked well equipped. It was also in a great spot close to queen st mall and plenty of restaurants. On my next trip up to Brissy I'll definately be asking to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We are delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of our one bedroom apartments and enjoyed the plunge pool. We hope to see you again soon with some time to enjoy our gym next time