“Good for what it is”
Review of Wagamama - CLOSED

Wagamama
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Was an interesting dining experience, had fun with friends and a few drinks. Recommend to give it a try just don't have too high expectations of the place the service is pretty average.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I finally ate here a few nights ago, after wanting to try this restaurant for a long time. The food did not disappoint (my dish bordered on amazing!) but the service is definitely lacking. There were six of us but after two being served at the same time, the others were told they would have to wait as they had run out of bowls! They do need to lift their game - maybe start by buying some more bowls! Otherwise great food and would be happy to eat here again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Pretty average experience. On sitting down, given a list of food not on the menu including thai style noodles and pork belly. Ordered two Yealands Way Pinot Noir, only to be told 5 minutes later they have run out. Asked what other Pinot they had, and response was, we only have what's on the menu (actually they dont!). Very helpful. Ordered a large glass of Rose, and got a small glass. Food was actually good. Pretty more stock management though.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Wagamma is great to go with the kids as if you order a main the child gets a kids meal and drink free. They also have coloring pens etc. it's another venue where they sit you on a long bench with other diners but you soon forget that. The food also comes our as its done so you may find you're wring all at different times. If you don't mind these things the food is pretty good. I had the katsu chicken curry which I really liked and my wide had the Loren which is the Japanese version of. Laksa.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Heard great things about this place, and when you walk past it is always packed. I think this is due to its location more than anything. The food is good, but is overpriced I feel. The staff have been a bit indifferent to us a few times, which is something I can forgive once of twice, but has happened too many times now.

This is a popular place for "birthday dinners" which is what keeps bringing me back here. They have nice long tables to accommodate big groups.