“Just "OK"”

Wagamama
Cuisines: Japanese
“Just "OK"”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Heard great things about this place, and when you walk past it is always packed. I think this is due to its location more than anything. The food is good, but is overpriced I feel. The staff have been a bit indifferent to us a few times, which is something I can forgive once of twice, but has happened too many times now.

This is a popular place for "birthday dinners" which is what keeps bringing me back here. They have nice long tables to accommodate big groups.

Visited June 2012

Brisbane, Australia
“Tasty Japanese cuisine with good service”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very nice spot for dinner or lunch with tasty food that does not follow the expensive Valley trends. Very difficult to get a park in Emporium (not the restaurant's fault of course) but be wary that when you enter the car park you might be doing laps for quite a while. The best option is to park on Wickham terrace and walk down to dine.

Visited April 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“service is often lacking”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've been there a number of times but now prefer to avoid it and go to the one at Chermside instead. Long waits even when there are clearly spaces at tables, busy/slow and not enough staff. Food is fine when you get it.

Brisbane
“Always deliciously fresh”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I frequent Wagamama often, and I love the freshness of the food, as well as the intricate flavours. My grown-up kids always chose it as No.1 on their list!

Visited November 2012
“totallyunderstaffed”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is our go-to place for dinner and its always been good value, great food and excellent service...the latter was very lacking saturday night-17th November. Totally understaffed. We had booked a table for 11 and they didnt have it ready. We eventually got seated at a table that also doubled as the managers desk at the rear of the restaurant. We had to find someone to take our orders and our drinks came out 20 minutes after our food (ice had melted in the glass so obviously sitting there for some time). Felt sorry for staff- they were very apologetic. Food was amazing! Management should really look at staffing on a saturday night!

Visited November 2012