“Expensive, but food is excellent”
Review of Thyme 2

Thyme 2
Ranked #98 of 4,632 Restaurants in Brisbane
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Thyme2 Restaurant delivers a totally unique and inspiring dining experience, reflecting world-wide dining trends and the sophistication of the city and its cuisine. Sleek tandoori ovens, wood fired ovens and Asian wok stations feature in the extensive choice of dining alternatives for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy the theatre and movement of an open-plan interactive kitchen and delight in watching our chefs cooking live.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went for dinner on Sunday. A few tables were celebrating birthdays, like us. Thyme2 is a good choice for groups, because of the wide choice of excellent food available. Because it is a buffet, there is no waiting for everyone to arrive and to decide what to order.
The service was friendly, but average. We had to ask for more water and drinks, but plates were removed promptly.
There is a good view over the city.

1  Thank Tim C
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Thyme 2, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear TimFromBrisbane

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback following your recent dining experience in Thyme Restaurant.

I appreciate your constructive feedback on the buffet and the service offered to you and will discuss this with our Food and Beverage team.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Thyme 2

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We were celebrating a family birthday and attended the breakfast buffet. We were wedged into the furthest corner so that it was difficult to get in and out of our seats, it seemed to come as a surprise to the "supervisor". She vanished and never came near us again all morning. The room is like an obstacle course so getting to the buffet required weaving in and out of tables. There were staff but they were rude and not at all interested in serving. At one point one server became annoyed because we were ordering coffees and just bought us "plungers" telling us that would be easier- for whom?!
My husband and I ordered our coffees (2 macchiatos) twice, they never arrived.
The buffet selection is pedestrian uninspiring and overpriced. Our table received no attention noone bothered to clear so crockery just stacked up.
The only time anyone came to speak to us was at 10.25 to tell us the buffet was closing.
I feel so sorry for my cousin who was paying for us all and had expected a refined and elegant morning.
We are Platinum Accor members and this is not what we have come to expect from Sofitel.
I see others have complained too about the service and nothing has changed. Don't go there!

1  Thank Willstars

Dear Willstars

Thank you for the feedback and obviously we are disappointed that you did not enjoy your recent dining experience at Thyme Restaurant to celebrate a family birthday.

I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding the service provided and can assure you I will address this with all ambassadors involved.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had my birthday party there with a group of around 40 people. The organising staff were very accommodating and the staff on duty was helpful, but still that's enough to make up for the disappointing "interactive food" experience that it claims to have.

The food was quite poor with limited selections, none of the "themed" food were authentic, nor were those wanna-be sushi looking anywhere near desirable. The only thing that's worth eating is probably the fresh prawns and bugs. For the price, I'd expect something at least enjoyable to eat.

As many reviews have already pointed out the only thing interactive about the dining was the people cutting the roast for you. And that's pretty much standard in most of the buffet out there today.

One last part that caught me by surprise was the 1.5% credit card charge which the staff did not make clear to me. I actually only remember ever being charged a credit card fee when I eat at smaller restaurants or takeaways, but did not expect the almighty Sofitel to be this stingy. anyway, lesson learnt and would not recommend anyone to go there.

3  Thank Rolf C
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Thyme 2, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Rolf_Chen

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience at Sofitel Brisbane to celebrate your birthday with your friends.

I was disappointed to learn that the experience did not live up to your expectations and I appreciate your honest feedback and will address with the food and beverage team; thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here last Sunday evening. We didn't realise Thyme2 featured a seafood buffet that night and we are not especially fond of seafood, but there were still plenty of other options with a Mediterranean flavour. The restaurant had a very busy feel, but most people seemed to be really relishing their platters of seafood and there was a friendly hum to the dining which was pleasant. We probably did not do justice to the food that was on offer but would certainly try it again. The Accor Advantage Plus discount made it a good night out at a very reasonable price.

Dear Sapphire5860

I did note that you and your husband are not especially fond of seafood but was pleased to read that there other suitable options for you to enjoy on the buffet.

Our current Mediterranean buffet theme continues until early June and our next promotion in the restaurant will be a French theme to celebrate the 100th Tour De France.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

A lovely atmosphere and comfortable
We got NO service at all
Being in the industry we would expect someone to greet us and explain the way the restaurant and it's food worked
This did not happen at all
Also, the website says it is an interactive restaurant- I expected to have chefs at wok stations cooking to order
It was nothing more than a buffet and certainly had no bugs or sand crab as expected
$59/head for food and expensive wine
Wasn't much cheaper then the world class dinner we had at Ortiga last night and the experiences were like chalk and cheese
We won't go back or recommend it
Disappointing...

Dear Lizcinati

Thank you for providing your feedback following your recent dining experience at Sofitel Brisbane Central.

We always appreciate receiving feedback, both positive and constructive. I noted your comments regarding the lack of service you received and apologize for any inconvenience caused.