“Great for vegans with lots for everyone else!”
Review of Kuan-Yin Tea House - CLOSED

Kuan-Yin Tea House
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I visit Kuan-Yin fairly regularly and I am never let down. So far I've liked everything I've tried from their menu (which is most of it). While it's no longer difficult to find vegetarian meals on regular restaurant menus any more, it's really nice to be able to choose absolutely anything from a menu and not worry about what's in it. I know that most of their dishes are also vegan, which is even better. Of course, they also have lots of faux meat made from vegetable products which my boyfriend and other non-veg friends really enjoy. Some apparently mimic the taste of meat really well (sweet and sour pork) while others are just delicious. They're very reasonably priced and the service is great too. Located just off the Chinatown Mall, it's very easy and convenient to get to.

There are newer reviews for Kuan-Yin Tea House

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We are newly vegan so were a little nervous about trying mock meats. We were extremely impressed with the chicken and beef, and the sweet potato wedges were absolutely delicious!! We ordered an entrée, 2 mains and 2 drinks (iced tea and frappé) which cost just over $30 total. Great value & great food!

1  Thank Hippocampers
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This place is a must for any vegetarian or vegan! So, so affordable and delicious! I make a point to stop here every time I'm in Brisbane and sometimes make a special trip up from the GC just for it... Try the Toona Wrap and Vegie 3 Meat Combo.
Some of the best fake meats I've tried and so cheap! I can't recommend it highly enough!!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Even meatlovers, like me, wouldn't suspect that their so-called chicken teriyaki isn't chicken. It's tofu!

I love their oysters made from mushrooms.

Must try, whether you are vegetarian or otherwise.

Great selection of tea as well.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was invited and thought I'd try a vegetarian restaurant for a change. The dishes are a bit weird, rather stuffy and not very tasty. The noise from the road is deafening too. Not a great experience overall, nor one I'd care to repeat.

1  Thank fmackUk