“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Baguette Bistrot+Bar - CLOSED

Baguette Bistrot+Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Unpretentious, light, airy and fresh. Baguette Bar & Bistro is quintessentially Queensland. This award winning restaurant is one of of Brisbane's oldest French restaurants (award winning too) and it's Located in tres magnificent Ascot, Baguette is a beauty for both meals and drinks, with a lounge bar, alfresco area and a more formal dining room all part of its make-up. This Brisbane icon has all your French and European fare faves, Baguette changes the menus frequently according to the season. Service is as impeccable and polished as the food, making this northside bistro a cherished gem
“Perfection”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I last dined here 3 years ago, and upon being seated was again stunned! The Menu may only offer 8 items for each course, but it was practically impossible to choose! Classic and modern French dishes, not overstated, but when these works of art came out, they were indeed STUNNING. I opted to not have the duck as i had this at my last visit, but i was impressed with how perfectly it was cooked and presented (a friend ordered it). The Quail i devoured for main course was indeed a French masterpiece, and i couldn't fault it. Most embarrassing of the evening was that i found myself picking at the leftover sauce on the plate! The souffle for dessert........ (i wont gush anymore but needless to say, it was exactly what it should have been!)

• Visited November 2012
baguetteowner, Owner at Baguette Bistrot+Bar, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Yes, many new customers are quite surprised when they walk through the bar to discover our restaurant at the back. For others it's become a very familiar and comfortable place where they regularly come with the children for a quiet family get together. We encourage kids and have a specially priced menu for them.

Brisbane, Australia
“An Oldy but a Goody - Updated”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I previously wrote about this restaurant from a historic experience, which was a good one by the way, but was rightly challenged on my opinions by the owner, as they were out of date. So I went back to test the waters. Food very nice I had the duck which I love and this vesion was not dissapointing, it was excelent. My mum had the cassoulet which was nice but not exceptional. The wine is very good, interesting variety without spending hundreds of dollars, thank you for that. We had a berry souffle which was very well done. I would reccommend this place because the food was very good overall, as was the wine and the service was excellent and my mum was not happy with me when I told I had prevoiusly give this restuarant a 3/5, she loves it here and so do I.

• Visited September 2012
Thanks for your detailed feedback, and for returning to try Baguette again. Restaurants are like theatre, every night is Opening Night! Things change ... but hopefully some things remain the same. We really try hard to consistently provide a memorable experience every time you come.
Brisbane, Australia
“Good Service and Great food”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Wide menu and wine list with great food makes this restaurant a suburban surprise. Once touted as Brisbane's finest restaurant this establishment has maintained a standard for many years.

Thanks for your lovely comments. If you stay in business as long as we have, you have to focus on consistently getting it right. In Australia (but not France) reviewers and the public tend to focus on new restaurants, but sadly they ofteny come and go quickly. Keeping up the momentum and the enthusiasm is another skill set. (Being married to a stubborn Frenchman probably helps!)
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic atmosphere, beautiful food”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I went here for my birthday and when you are a member of their VIP club you receive your meal for free. I was so impressed by the ambiance, when you walk in it is a very narrow bar at the front which makes you think it won't be much out that back, however it was amazing, beautifully furnished. The service was fantastic and our meals were amazing. However my duck was a little undercooked for my liking (but that is just personal preference).
If you would like a lovely night out with wait staff who are really attentive, I would suggest this restaurant for you special evening in Brisbane.

• Visited October 2012
“Delicious dining experience”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Baguette never fails to deliver - delicious food (my carpaccio of scallops were sensational), beautiful environment, good service, and bonus....they let you BYO wine during the week - what more could you ask for?

• Visited October 2012