Tripadvisor
Brisbane

“Great food and friendly staff!”
Review of Mecca Bah

Mecca Bah
Reserve a Table
Sat, 2/29
8:00 PM
Ranked #160 of 5,476 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mecca Bah provides a modern interpretation of Moroccan and Middle Eastern cuisine in a spectacular setting that will whisk you away to another world. The innovative menu encourages guests to taste a range flavours. Mezze are served in hand made serving dishes from Tunisia and provide a contemporary take on traditional dishes including Turkish kofte with yogurt and mint sauce and kataifi pastries filled with Middle Eastern cheeses. Mecca Bahs award-winning Turkish pizzas, such as roast pumpkin, chilli, pomegranate jam and fetta, and tasty tagines, including lamb with preserved lemon, green olive and harissa, are popular menu choices. Warm colours, soft cushions, and Middle Eastern trimmings, such as rows of colourful tagine pots and intricate mosaic wallpaper, create a magnificent illusion of a traditional Moroccan eating house and the refreshing open-air design and deep banquette lounges provide the perfect opportunity for guests to soak up the ambiance.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Beautiful looking place with lovely food and staff that are very helpful and considerate about our needs. Would recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2020
PlatinumRestaurant, Manager at Mecca Bah, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for this review Matildajensen, we appreciate the feedback / The Mecca Bah management team

Write a reviewReviews (431)

Reviewed January 18, 2020

A very welcoming atmosphere ,staff friendly & obliging . I enjoy visiting the Newstead area of Brisbane as we in Bundaberg don,t have the variety of Restaurants , Brisbane folks have at hand. I also get to review restaurants like Mecca Bah .To our family it was an unique dining experience ,very pleasant with quirky little touches like the lighting of the table lanterns ,choosing your colour for the evening.The meal in itself was of delicious & different tastes . I had Harissa lamb Sheesh ,served with a small burner plate to put the flavours through the meat,the wild season calamari was a hit with the wife ,Persian chicken & tahini went down well with my daughter . The entree of a Trio of dips certainly filled the spot, all in all we enjoyed the evening & friendly service. Next time back in Brisbane we will revisit.

Date of visit: December 2019

Thank you Ian W for this review - we are very happy to hear you had a good experience with us are we are looking forward to welcome you back again soon. Warm regards, Anna from Mecca Bah

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Friendly staff who helped us with all of our needs and the food was also amazing! Busy Saturday but the food came out pretty quickly anyway.

Date of visit: January 2020

Thank you so much for this review, we look forward to have you back again sometime soon. /The Mecca Bah management team

Reviewed January 7, 2020

I have been to Mecca Bah on many occasions in the past for lunch & have always had excellent service & great food. I took my family of 8 & a baby for a special anniversary dinner which was booked for 6.30 last night & was so appalled by the terrible service. Let me just say the food was not disappointing & up to its previous standard. We were constantly asked if we were ready to order. Our waitress didn’t come back to inform us of what one of the dishes were when asked & needed reminding. Our plates were left once we finished our mains & we weren’t asked if we needed anything else. At 8.45 there was a lot of packing up of the restaurant going on around us & the other large table of guests. At 9 o’clock we were told the kitchen was closing so we should order if we wanted. We felt we needed to leave even though we weren’t ready & had just ordered more drinks. Our glasses were removed while we were still using them. The closing hours are listed till 10pm on Tuesday night. The staff were unfriendly & unhelpful which I have never found before. I’m not sure what went wrong but it has definitely made me unsure of returning or recommending this restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2020
PlatinumRestaurant, General Manager at Mecca Bah, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Hi Esbrisbane. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the service you received the other night - especially as we pride ourselves on our level of customer service and since you have previously had excellent experiences at our restaurant. However, I do appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and would like to invite you to contact me directly on eatbris@meccabah.net so I can investigate further what happened on this evening.

Warm regards, Anna from the Mecca Bah management team

Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

We enjoyed a fabulously long lunch at the Mecca Bah Gasworks. Food was delicious and service was excellent. The lunch special (available Monday to Friday) is great value and so is the happy hour for 3 hours of drinks after lunch. We will definitely be returning!!

Date of visit: January 2020
PlatinumRestaurant, Manager at Mecca Bah, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback, we appreciate it and I am pleased to hear that you had a good time while visiting us - we very much look forward to have you back. Kind regards the Mecca Bah management team