“Just ok - a little bit disappointed”
Review of Mecca Bah

Mecca Bah
Reserve with
Mecca Bah is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 4,325 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mecca Bah provides a modern interpretation of Moroccan and Middle Eastern cuisine in a spectacular setting that will whisk you away to another world. The innovative menu encourages guests to taste a range flavours. Mezze are served in hand made serving dishes from Tunisia and provide a contemporary take on traditional dishes including Turkish kofte with yogurt and mint sauce and kataifi pastries filled with Middle Eastern cheeses. Mecca Bahs award-winning Turkish pizzas, such as roast pumpkin, chilli, pomegranate jam and fetta, and tasty tagines, including lamb with preserved lemon, green olive and harissa, are popular menu choices. Warm colours, soft cushions, and Middle Eastern trimmings, such as rows of colourful tagine pots and intricate mosaic wallpaper, create a magnificent illusion of a traditional Moroccan eating house and the refreshing open-air design and deep banquette lounges provide the perfect opportunity for guests to soak up the ambiance.
melbourne
“Just ok - a little bit disappointed”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I went twice whilst in Brisbane attending a conference.
I wish there was a category between average and very good. The food was varied and quite nice. The chickpea battered mussels were good, and the lamb with preserved lemon ok. A bit light on the lemon. Was surprised when we requested bread - yes had to request - and got Western bread. What was that about? The beetroot rocket and yoghurt salad was tasty.
Service was friendly. Prices ok. Not cheap. And the wine list very limited. What can I say?
All up it was nothing to rave about as my Queensland friends had raved.So am a bit disappointed. .I would not go out of my way to go again.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank cazirola

• Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
“Bland food and Bland service”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have been going to the Mecca Bah for ages at least once a fortnight and always ordered the same thing as I loved it so much but the last time I went the menu has changed when I asked for the spicy koftas as I am coeliac and that is one of the meals I can eat I was abruptly told that the menu has changed I asked if the was something similar she explained something to me that was rolled in pastry when I told her I could not eat that she went on explaining the new menu in the end I just got a tagine we waited nearly 45 min for our food and one it came it tasted like chicken boiled in water with red food colouring it was bland tasteless and hod no flavour. It is with alot of sadness that I say this place will NEVER see me again!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank BNutiful
Mooloolaba, Australia
“Malicious”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

As the Ad said Tall Jan is Malicious.
Great food, nice environment, reasonably priced and quick service.
Recommend to all.
If there were a few less stuck up people it would be better but other than that really good.

Visited January 2014
brisbane
“unique”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

been to mecca bah a few times, enjoy their menu & love the turkish delight cocktails, we will be back !

• Visited February 2013
Bamberg, Germany
“Not Worth the Wait”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stopped here because it was the only place open on New Years Day in the afternoon.

We were seated pretty quickly which was nice, although expected since they didn't have too many customers at the time.

Things started to go downhill when it took the waitress a long time to bring us the menus, and an even longer time to take our drink orders. We both ordered beer, so it wasn't difficult to prepare.

It took even longer for us to put in our meal order. And it was a different waitress who took that order.

Our appetizer arrived in decent time, but as we finished our drinks, none of the servers asked if we could use refills.

My boyfriend finally told the waitress he'd like another beer, and she asked if he wanted it with his meal. He said he would just like it whenever, and "no rush." which apparently they took literally.

A third and different waitress brought us our food, and while his pizza was excellent, my rice was dry and not cooked very well. The lamb on my skewers was also dry. I was not impressed, and I do not consider my standards to be very high when it comes to eating out. For the price on the menu at this place however, I was disappointed.

When we decided to order dessert because I did not eat very much of the rice, I asked if we could get two flavors of ice cream for the two scoops of ice cream that came with one dessert. The waitress told us that was not typically how it worked and she could not help us. Given how much they had made us wait (and had forgotten about the second beer), I thought it would have been a nice gesture to give us the two flavors of ice cream we were requesting, but maybe that was impossible.

Also, I considered asking one of the other waitresses who served us, if it would have been possible.

It took another excruciatingly long wait to get the check and I was very unhappy with the service.

I think this place takes advantage of its proximity to the hotel Emporium, and I would recommend AGAINST it if you are staying there. There are far better restaurants a short walk away for about half the price.

• Visited January 2014