“Just average”

Cuisines: Australian, International, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Found the service to be very slow. It was good when we first arrived but as soon as the restaurant started to fill up, we were forgotten. My friend had the Gnocchi but it was cold and bland. My duck risotto was tasty & a decent size. Before we were even offered dessert we were given the bill which turned out to be another table's bill and then after we'd been actually offered dessert and declined we had to seek out someone to get our bill after waiting for about 1/2 hour for it to arrive. Disappointing to say the least! The only saving grace was the atmosphere & surroundings are great & that we had a discount voucher so we didn't have to pay full price for an average dining experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great food and good service. WE went on the way to a concert and the staff were very accommodating. My meal was outstanding.

1  Thank caroleum1965
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I'd heard good things about this place and was looking forward to trying it. The service was terrible. I ordered a couple of drinks at the bar only to have the staff member commence a conversation with someone mid way through leaving me waiting to pay without any acknowledgment. We sat down and saw the waitress for the only time during our stay to take our order. I ordered the fish along with someone else on the table and my partner ordered the burger. The fish sounded alright on the menu albeit different.
When the plate was put in front of me I thought it was a joke. It looked disgusting, it also looked like the kitchen had messed up our order and divided one order between the two of us. I had 2 tiny fillets, one of which had obviously been broken in half, so really I had 1 and 1/2 tiny fillets. The fish was perched on 2 big pieces of dry brioche with no butter, just a smear of sweet chilli sauce in the middle of one piece. A few straggly sprouts apparently in a 'remoulade' were on the other piece. I think they need to look up what a remoulade is cos this tasted nothing like one. In addition to this, there was a bowl on the plate that held about 7 lonely sweet potato chips. It all tasted extremely average, I couldn't choke down the bread so I left and when I got home had cheese on toast.
The decor is really cool and I reckon it would be a fun place to have drinks but they definitely need to pick up their game on the food and service front.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I attended a summer function here using the outdoor seating area and bar. It was quite hot for lunch despite being undercover though. Staff were friendly and attentive which helped. Despite pre-ordering the meals they did not come out at the same time which fractured the experience. Portion size did not meet expectations for the per head price either. We also did not end up receiving one of the side dishes and it took a while negotiating a refund to the organiser's satisfaction. The bistro had potential but some basics just were not right on the day.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a terrific venue in cosmopolitan West End. The whole vibe here is generally different, and in a good way too. The music, always a treat. Last I went it was jazzy 70's percussion and then Sinatra. A great change. The bar and food menu is more than enough to make one salivate in anticipation, and the prices are fairly reasonable. They also have decent beers on tap, including little creatures and one cider which was particularly lovely on the palate.
The outside area is absolutely charming and has a very European feel to it. The place could really do with and additional service area though as it can take a ridiculous amount of time to get served when they are busy. A designated smoking area would be good too.

1  Thank Alexander M