“BAD” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sprout Byo French Cafe

Sprout Byo French Cafe
Reserve with
Sprout Byo French Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #670 of 4,263 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BAD”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Shocking service turned our anniversary into a night to remember. Arrogant waiter got our order wrong and acted like we were ruining his evening. After this altercation, his attitude towards us turned - rude, dropping the plates on our table very abruptly and avoided us like the plague. No professionalism here. Very upset!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Peter M

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

When asked to visit a french restaurant by some close friends, i immediately went to their website to view the menu before confirming. The menu looked great so we agreed.

Once there, we were created by very friendly staff. The restaurant was very clean and had great ambience. Both our entrees and mains were fantastic. The presentation was amazing as well as the taste.

Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited June 2012
Ocean View, Australia
“Our new favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

An authentic French Bistro dining experience in a little backstreet shop in Brisbane - our first impression from the street was that these people are probably launching this enterprise on a shoestring in very hard times. Good on them. Decor inside is minimalist but pleasant and relaxed - a touch of quirkiness and interest with the modern art and plastic bag for the champagne cooler - noted the correct use of iced water. The service was pleasant and unobtrusive. All our favourite dishes were listed and we chose the snails beautifully presented in little pots with crisp pastry lids, the sweetbreads (moist and succulent) and big fat scallops. Plating/presentation was superb. Our friend who was a midwife in Jersey for many years could not go past the main of confit duck, we also loved the very French lamb and beans.
Aahh! Then the creme brulee we all enjoyed for dessert was exquisite with pistachio flavour lifted with a sharp lemon sorbet style of icecream.
Prefer BYO thanks Sprout and really hope that is going to stay - that gives so much choice and brings overall price of dining way down. We thought $70 for 3 courses very reasonable.
We are just so glad to have discovered this little gem and are very appreciative as several of the original reliable restaurants and wine bars around Brisbane have disappointed us lately.

• Visited June 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Overpriced mediocre food :(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

Unfortunately I had to dine at sprout last night. I was there for an extended family dinner and whilst we had a lovely time as a group the actual dining experience was a major let down. For starters flimsy uncomfortable plastic chairs. On being seated I tried to grab the attention of the waiter to hand over our wine as its BYO after multiple goes I succeeded in grabbing attention but was misunderstood in what I wanted. Feeling this may be the case I then had to hop up and approach them at them at the counter and they were indeed going to open all our bottles of wine despite us not wishing them to. Moving on to the food. Be warned you have to get a minimum of two courses with a minimum spend of $55. Did not have the entrees but tasted others the lamb was way to sweet and servings tiny. I must give some praise though for the yummy bread that came out at the start though not enough for everyone at the table. I had the steak for main which I felt was overcooked, my partners was unfortunately very salty. I had hoped for redemption with desert and mine was nice though the flavours seemed disjointed. My partner's desert the panna cotta was very sour and his sister who had the pear was very undercooked and impossible to eat. To top this all off we struggled to get coffees at the end of the night having to ask multiple times. I would not return.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ash w
Brisbane, Australia
“Favourite restaurant in Brisbane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

We went there on our first date, our one year anniversary and will be back again. It is well priced, has great service and amazing food. I also went to a wedding reception there and it was one of the best I have attended.

• Visited December 2010