“OUTSTANDING”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I absolutely love this restaurant. The service is amazing, outstanding food and wine. Not overly expensive. You must go.

There are newer reviews for Montrachet

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Fair dinkum don't tell anyone about this place. The only problem I have with Montrachet is the cost and the limited days it is open. Hopefully if they get really quite all we can hope for , is that they reassess their prices.

It is a statement in itself that Montrachet is not open open the traditional nights that you would expect a suburban restaurant t to be open, i.e.: Fri sat at time of writing.. All of the food here is terrific and the service is pretty hot as well.

Tips: If you wish to impress a great client or the love of your life, this is a great place to consider (although no view, or options for a nice walk after dinner, like South Bank offers). Good wine selection, and it is nice to try something French and different, but you have to weigh that against not really making an informed decision (excluding staff suggestions). Plan ahead and skip lunch so you can enjoy all that they offer (wicked I know), if it is a special night, and check your available credit limit prior to leaving home.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I just love going to Montrachet, you always know you will have amazing food, experience expert service and enjoy the best wines. It is expensive but it's worth it. You definitely get what you pay for and I will keep coming back...but sadly never on a Friday or Saturday night when of course they are closed.

1  Thank Lisa1962_13
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is without doubt my favourite restaurant in Brisbane. Thierry Galichet's attention to detail is faultless, from the wine that he imports himself, to the staff he employs, to the food on his menu, even to the magnificent coffee! The degustation menu is sublime, and will give you a wonderful tasting of some of the highlights of the menu. My particular favourites are the Double baked soufflé with crab meat and Gruyère cheese, the slow cooked lamb, and the creme brulee.

Simply superb, from start to finish.

2  Thank LellenAndCrew
Reviewed June 22, 2014

When visiting Brissie from Sydney I read the Courier Mails list of Brisbanes 10 top restaurants - Montrachet sounded lovely. I called to book and was a little sad to find they only had two seats at the bar. The person who took the booking assured me it would be good. He lied!!! It was unbelievably fantastic. I have been dining my way around the world for many years and have been fortunate to eat at some of the world's finest restaurants. Montrachet is right up there with the best. All ingredients were perfect. Professional personable knowledgable wait staff. Simply excellent service. Sublime food - every mouthful was a delight. The Pattagonian Tooth Fish starter & the Duck was sensational. $9 for incredible desserts - amazing!! Stunning wine list. I felt we'd popped in at our favourite local French bistro to be spoilt with love care & fabulous food. We'd never been here before but were treated like long lost friends. Owner / Chef Thierry Galichet personally dropped by our spot at the bar a couple of times and ended up shouting us two rounds Absinthe at the end of the night. How can a restaurant get away with only opening Monday to Thursday? Easy - just be as good as Montrachet.

4  Thank SurferPete