“Cute, quirky little restuarant!”

The Three Monkeys Coffee & Teahouse
Ranked #3 of 369 Coffee & Tea in Brisbane
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Definitely worth a visit to this very different, cute cafe in West End. The atmosphere is fantastic where you are in a 'treehouse' with artificial tress, branches and monkeys around you.

The food is fantastic with mixed cuisine ranging from European to South American. And the food is inexpensive and fantastic value for money. The service was pretty quick to, although they forgot two of our drinks.

Free parking is a little frustrating seeing it's in a busy area, it took us a while to get a park.

I do wish some of the furniture was renewed to make it a some nice place, and perhaps the front of the cafe to make it more appealing as from the outside it doesn't look much.

I would definitely visit again though.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I love going to West End to eat even though I live a distance away, but grabbing a coffee from The Three Monkeys or sitting in and enjoying the ambience is always on the cards. I've brought a number of friends here and they certainly enjoy the atmosphere and great coffee. If you're there for a chin-wag with friends, the Edith Piaf lasts the distance, lol. I haven't tried the food, it looks average, and besides, other cafes around The Three Monkeys serve what I want to eat. So yea, this review is just about the ambience and coffee. 5 stars!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I regularly visit The Three Monkeys and each time notice something different.
In truth it is a strange and quirky Cafe but always interesting.
The prices are a more expensive than regular coffee shops but not overly so.

Some of the tables have chess and backgammon boards built into their top - I am not sure if this is for decoration of if you can actually ask for the pieces to play. It would be a nice venue for a game if you live board games.

My favourite is round the back which is a kind of boho or rustic, for want of a better word, hideaway. I am sure I am not the first person to take notes and photos with a view to reproducing some of the effects in my own backyard.

I recently dropped in for an evening coffee with my husband and we were amazed to see a wild possum climb down through the roof. It sat on one of the tables stealing crumbs off the client's plate. I wish I had a photo to upload for you. After it had finished eating and probably because people were getting a little too demanding, it climbed back up on to the roof and disappeared. The Possum has obviously grown used to people, it didn't want to be stroked or handled but was quite happy to sit in the middle of a room of strangers.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I remembered this place exisiting over a decade ago and came across by chance again the other evening so a group of us decided to pop in for dessert. For the price, expected better quality and taste. Probably should have just stuck to a hot chocolate drink and left it at that. Decor is cosy and staff prompt enough - its the actual desserts that are not satisfying - The calories are not worth it.

1  Thank TracyLSydney
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Love this place. Good coffee, food and all within a relaxing atmosphere.
Also liked the fact that I could play chess while enjoying a cup of coffee.
Would go again :).