“Cosy little hide away”

Ranked #3 of 405 Coffee & Tea in Brisbane
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I love going to Three Monkeys when I just want to chill out with a cup of warm coffee and chat with a friend. Beautiful inside and lots of little places to sit and enjoy yourself in.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm a local that's been visiting this cafe for several years now and I, too used to be a huge fan...but not anymore. Yesterday, I ordered an iced coffee - which is made with no ice-cream and no ice - just milk and canned cream. My friend ordered an iced chocloate and also didn't receive any ice-cream or ice in their drink. This is a bit ordinary given they now charge $5.45 for each drink. I used to always take visiting friends to Three Monkeys just for the experience, but I won't anymore. With their popularity, arrogance has crept in and the service was not particularly friendly. Do yourself a favour and try one of the very many other better cafes in West End! Three Monkeys is now over-rated and over-priced.

1  Thank Pugs22
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been a loyal customer for nearly 10 years but last few visits were very disappointing.
Few years ago it was very famous for its Chai Tea which WAS very delicious and special. I also used to like their meals but now they have totally changed. My last Chicken Enchilada was about 1/2 size of the original one and I couldn't even see any chicken meat in it (very processed).
My once favourite Chai Tea is much weaker and last time it was served in a cheap plastic bowl.

Unfortunately the service is not that great either. On two occasions we had the same waitress and she wasn't friendly at all. On one occasion she mixed up orders and then had a go at us and on another occasion she started clearing our table when people were eating and she didn't even ask if we finished or not.

I am not looking forward to going there anymore...sorry

Reviewed January 21, 2013

A great selection of southern European cuisine and an amazing selection of delicious cakes! The option to sit inside or outside with an Indian influenced decor.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

What a fun relaxing place, atmosphere is great, food and drink we hard were really good. Service was also efficient and pleasant. Nice place to catch up with friends.