“I wanted to love the desserts but........”
Review of 16th on Park - CLOSED

16th on Park
Cuisines: Cafe, Mediterranean, Spanish, Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: It's new, it's wicked & it's so sinful, but it's so worth trying. Indulge in one of the 20 Wickedly Delightful Desserts or enjoy one of the many Gourmet Hot Chocolates on offer. Open everyday for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Supper. 16th on Park Dessert Cafe is worth the visit.
QLD
“I wanted to love the desserts but........”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We never got to try them! We visited this place based on the recommendation from our hotel and on reading the dessert menu. It was early Sunday lunch and hardly anyone there but most vacant tables had not been cleared from previous patrons. We had a light meal and had to get our own cutlery as none on the table or provided by the waitress. The food was OK. We asked for the dessert menu which was quickly provided but then we waited, and waited, and waited.......and eventually gave up and left. When we paid the bill we were never even asked why we chose not to have dessert. Such a shame.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank roz5

Brisbane, Australia
“Dessert-ed”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

16th on Park has a reputation for amazing desserts, however we were left completely disappointed in the food and the service.
We arrived at 9pm on a Saturday evening and the waitress told us to take a seat and she would be right over. 5 minutes later she looked surprised to notice us and brought some menu's over. Sometime passed and the place started to fill up. We were annoyed that every other table was given water on arrival but we were not. After about 10-15 minutes someone took our order and we requested to see the famous hot chocolate menu.
We got our order promptly but no menu and still no water.
My friend and I shared a tasting plate and it was disappointing. The desserts tasted like the frozen and re-heated kind. The 'chocolate truffles' were rock hard and resembled cheap Easter eggs. The sticky date pudding was delicious, if not very warm.
We finished our desserts and sat wondering if we should wait and ask to see the hot chocolate menu again. After a few minutes of watching the scattered wait staff not coping with the now slightly busy restaurant, we decided to head off and get a coffee up the road.
Overall an underwhelming experience with almost average food.

1 Thank Harasness
Kelowna, Canada
“Great Desserts, Hot Chocolates and Coffees”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Enjoyed a nice Thursday eve dessert with a mate. Had the Rhubarb Gelee Chocolate Panna Cotta which was excellent, though his lemon meringue pie, the meringue wasn't so fluffy - as if it had been sitting in the display all day (in all likelihood). The hot chocolate selection was superb, and fantastic coffee. Nice setting on Park Rd as well.

• Visited January 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Campos coffee in Brisbane”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The food at this place is nice, I had the dips on one of my visits. But what I'm really excited about is a good coffee outlet in Milton.

I've been a fan of Campos coffee since they opened up their store in Newtown, Sydney. The lines for the original store go out the door, but if you're in Brisbane, then 16th on Park is a great place to try the brand.

Importantly, the baristas have been well trained and the preparation does the beans justice.

In the week that I've been working out of this suburb, this has been my place of choice for business meetings. I've been really happy that the quality of my coffee has been high all along

• Visited October 2012
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Son had his wedding celebration here and a family dinner before the night party. The food was excellent although there was a bit of a delay in having all the dinners on the table at the one time. Some people had to wait nearly 10 mins after the first plates were put down, even though all meals had been given a month prior, so staff knew who was having what. The rib fillet was 'melt in the mouth' and beautifully presented. The Barrimundi, (which I didn't have) were quite small meals, but those that had it said it was beautiful. Desserts were served a little faster, and were 'to die for'. Well worth blowing the diet for these. I had the Tira Misu was just awesome. Very very rich, but very well worth ordering. Creme Brulee (for those that had it) said it was delicious. Then out to the main area for the nights celebrations. Finger food platters were served, for the guests and they too were delicious and a good variety. This place is probably the best Dessert place around. Very impressed. Close to public transport and well with walking distance from Brisbane City. Definately would go back again!

• Visited October 2012