“Absolutely Wonderful”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Went to The Brasserie on the River at Stamford Plaza for Xmas Day lunch. Outstanding! With a table right on the river it was so beautiful. All the food that was served was amazing especially the seafood! All the desserts were so delicious and I do not think I have ever eaten that much food before in one day! The staff were wonderful and catered for anything we wanted. And we would like to thank them for giving up their day to make our day amazing!! Will definitely be back for Xmas Lunch in 2014.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I recently went to the brasserie for Xmas dinner, it was excellent. The seafood was fantastic, so much to choose from and the best I have had in a long time. Desserts were excellent also. We were also pleasantly surprised when we were able to order specially made coffees, lates etc at no extra cost instead of just having the coffee from the machine. Will be going back for sure.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We loved it so much last year that my work team has come to the Brasserie on the River for the second time for Christmas lunch this year. The food was delicious, as expected. There was seafood: oysters, crabs, Moreton Bay bugs, prawns, mussels, salmon and snapper. There were salads, hot foods and of course, decadent desserts. The buffet lunch came with coffee and tea, which came out in individual pots. The service was very helpful and efficient, given how busy they were. Our wait staff was very obliging in taking a group shot, managing to give a friendly smile even though it was so busy. Overall a really nice place to dine at. I wouldn't be surprised if we came back again for our Christmas function next year :)

1  Thank Karen T
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We have been coming to this restaurant for a number of years under a range of managements.

Unfortunately it does not really "cut the mustard" any more as it ponce did.

The position is fantastic - the view unbeatable.

To the negatives.

The layout of the buffet - we went for breakfast - is not workable for the traffic generated in the breakfast period. People have no idea which way to go and the various counters are far too close together for safety when carrying hot plates.

When we went to get our breakfast at least two of the covered dishes did not have any contents at all - when asked the staff said they will be filled when the food is ready - not good enough - especially at the price that the Stamford charges for breakfast.

The service was scratchy at the best - at one stage when a up of coffee was aced for the answer was "sorry not available as it takes 10 inures to make one - get one from the pot over there" - not good enough. The coffee in the pot was just about undrinkable and fairly cold.

When we finally obtained our breakfast it was pretty ordinary - certainly not up to the previous high standards we had experienced.

I wish that I could give a better review of the breakfast - all I can offer is that the whole place needs an update and serious evaluation of what market they are trying to attract.

1  Thank Orient18
Reviewed September 26, 2013

After having purchased a gift voucher for my mother as a gift for Lobby High Tea at $45 a head, we booked in 2 months ahead to enjoy this luxurious afternoon. The day before the booking I rang to confirm they had our dietary requirements on the booking, and was then notified that the Lobby High Tea had been cancelled for that day due to "lack of demand". Not once had I been notified that there was a possibility that our booking could be cancelled if a certain number of people were not booked in on the same day. My mother had travelled a long way for this event and we were both extremely disappointed. The fact that such a highly renowned venue would risk the soiling of their reputation in such a way shocks me. I will be requesting a refund for the gift voucher and taking my business elsewhere. Appalling service for a venue that claims "The Best High Tea in Queensland" - I think not!

1  Thank EmilyL16