“Great food, let down a bit by service..” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kingsleys Steak & Crabhouse

Kingsleys Steak & Crabhouse
Reserve with
Kingsleys Steak & Crabhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #211 of 4,263 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, let down a bit by service..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Kingsley's, the food was excellent and the riverside terrace atmosphere is very pleasant.

Highly recommend the smoked Angus short rib which is superb. Side orders are ample and enough for two.

Only disappointment was our waitress who had an extended conversation with the table next to ours, leaving us waiting with dessert menus for the better part of 15 minutes.

Definitely worth a visit if you're in downtown Brisbane.

Brisbane, Australia
“So So good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I love this place. The food is seriously good. Steak is always fantastic, and I love to get a side of crab. And don't get me started on the cocktails, or the river views... It's pretty damn good!

• Visited October 2013
Bunbury, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All wrong”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had booked and were told we could only have table for 2hrs as fully booked and have our table booked again for 8pm. 1st time I've ever been told that by a restaurant. We had tickets for a show after and she said we had to come earlier than we wanted as they wouldn't be able to have us eaten and out within a hr and half. So when we get there its half full. Again we were told we have to be out by 8pm. Parking was difficult to find too.

So we are seated at our table and were asked if we would like drinks. He disappears before getting our orders and later returns with water. We have looked over the menu decided on food and drinks. Another waitress finally comes and takes our order. If they want you out in 2hrs they need to take orders more promptly.

I had to swap chairs with my boyfriend as it was torn and scratching the back of my leg. I was wearing a dress. He had jeans on so it didn't worry him. When I complained I was told it must have come out from the back as they are very busy and needed more chairs. The laminex was also coming off my side of the table and I kept getting my arm caught in it when trying to cut my steak which was tough and chewy. So again we complained and our sides were complimentary.

Also very noisy

Toilets messy and toilet paper had run out

views lovely

For an upmarket place disappointed doesn't come close. We do better steak on our bbq at home!

Also very expensive for what you get

We left within an hour, so easily could have been seated later

• Visited December 2013
Brisbane
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great location with amazing views of the river and bridge. Food was good however we were a bit disappointed that the menu was mainly steak - you would think with the name it would be equal choices of steak and seafood.

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Second visit.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had eaten here before but not for nearly 6 years so we wanted to visit again whilst in Brisbane. We arrived from the ferry on a very busy Friday night but our reception was very good the chap asked us to wait and have a drink in the bar for half an hour, which was fine. He found us a table in 20 minutes with a good view of The Story Bridge, which is lit at night. I ate the lamb rump which was super beautifully cooked and served with vegetables. My companion ordered steak which arrived cold as did the chips. What a pity so many restaurants cannot get it ALL correct. I would, however, recommend trying it for yourselves, the service is good but they were busy so it wasn't great. The wine list is comprehensive and not overpriced.

• Visited November 2013