“Still making the best pancakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pancake Manor

Pancake Manor
Ranked #7 of 89 Dessert in Brisbane
Cuisines: American, Australian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brisbane
“Still making the best pancakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I grew up in Brisbane, and my mother would take me here as a special treat. On a recent visit back to Brisbane, I knew I couldn't miss out on taking my own pancake loving child for a special treat for Saturday breakfast. The pancakes were lovely, hot and fluffy. The whipped butter was just as I remembered. My son said they were 'the best pancakes ever'.

Granted, there was a queue out the door when we arrived, so we had to wait awhile to be seated. But as soon as we were seated I blurted out our order of two short stacks, and our breakfast came very quickly. I would recommend that if you do have to wait in line, grab a menu and be ready to order at the same time you are given a table, otherwise you'll just add another 10 minutes to your waiting time.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane
“Over 32 years of patronage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The first time I can remember visiting the Pancake Manor was 1982. And I have returned regularly ever since. It is a wonderful delight to take your children to somewhere you loved as a child.

The pancakes are divine, the setting is lovely and I hope the Pancake Manor continues on for generations to come.

Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“I lost pancake appetite for Life!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

* V e r y s l o w s e r v i c e
* Plain pancakes (with cream on side) were very thick and mushy.. they tasted more like tasteless bread
* Would have loved the choco pancakes only if they used proper tasty chocolate.
* Id have to admit that we only went in to try it because it was originally a church some time ago, so I cant really judge on that, as we already knew it was a church... but the feeling you get sitting inside is NOT pleasant.. it really gave us the chills.
* Toilets downstairs.. NO thank you, I was already scared upstairs!!
Bottom line .. nop, never again.

• Visited September 2013
Ipswich, Australia
“not worth going back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

This used to be one of my favourite places to eat, but now it disappoints me more with every visit. The waffles, usually my favourite, are now half the size they used to be, and you only get one instead of two, for the same price they used to be. Last time I went the pancakes had a savoury taste too, which is far from what I'd expect from a buttermilk pancake. The staff were very rude too; the one on the register especially, sneering and making snarky comments under her breath at my partner's jokes (told to me, and in no way rude, just puns).

• Visited January 2014
Canberra, Australia
“Nice pancakes, shame about the decor.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

My party of three adults enjoyed our breakfast at Pancake Manor. The service was quick. The pancakes were fluffy and adequate in the short stack, and the egg and bacon in the third meal were cooked well. The coffee was somewhat disappointing, lacking flavour.
The decor, being an old church is quite atmospheric.The cleanliness of the place, however needs some attention. We were seated next to a side brick wall. which had many cobwebs. Glancing up at the imposing leadlight windows, it was a bit off putting to see the black edges caked in grease and dust. Of the three meals, two plates were new, while the third one was so old that the surface was no longer smooth and the white porcelain had been worn right down. These things detracted from what would have otherwise been a great eating experience.

• Visited January 2014