“Poor food bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pancake Manor

Pancake Manor
Ranked #6 of 89 Dessert in Brisbane
Cuisines: American, Australian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gold Coast
“Poor food bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Second time I have been here over the last 6 weeks and both for breakfast. The food (non pancakes) has been quite greasy. Both times the breakfasts and coffees have been messed up even though we were only in a small group. This time though I noticed an increased poor and unhelpful attitude from the female staff member. We had a booking at 7.30am during the week and I didn't have the name that our booking was under although I had the number of people. I was made to wait and couldn't even get a coffee until I rang someone to find our the name our booking was under. The end result was that we were the only medium sized group in there. The staff member later stated that she had to setup another table which I fact she didn't as I had seen the table already which was set up us. Funny thing is that there was no other medium group of our size in there which just showed how unhelpful she was being. Our food as mentioned wasn't very good and because of all the mix ups with our orders neither of us will be going there again individually or in a group. Poor food, bad service and the loss of future business.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Townsville, Australia
“Pancakes are pancakes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great for the atmosphere and nostalgia. I don't think the menu has changed since I last visited nearly 15 years ago, and I'm still deciding if thats a good thing or not. Really - you only go here for the setting.

Visited February 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Service not great, but the meals make up for it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Being a local, I was worded up about the service prior to going to the pancake manor, however it was still surprising to witness how bad it was. We went on an average Sunday morning, the restaurant itself wasn't busy but there were three groups of people waiting to be seated when we arrived. It would appear the staff are only allowed to do one thing at a time, so the cashier sat there doing nothing whilst we were all waiting to be seated (and there were many seats available). Finally, when the line started backing out the door someone had the good sense to start seating all the groups.
The menu itself caters for everyone, there were so many things to choose from, it was hard to make a decision! Finally, I settled on the waffle, and I'm so glad, it was THE BEST. For some, the waffle + chocolate sauce combo may be too sweet, but this hit the spot. My husband had a 3 stack of pancakes, and couldn't finish it. Excellent value for money.

“Standard Pancake Place...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Pancake Manor is a pretty standard pancake house.. The meals are a nice large size, and very much what you would expect from this type of establishment. Nothing extravagant.
I enjoy the functions room downstairs and the best part is the 24HR opening hours!

Visited February 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Needs a legitimate inspection...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The crudliest food, service and smell in all of Australia. I guess the Chefs drink 4X Gold while they work, as the plate-ups are an embarrassment. The absolute worst part of this mud hole of a restaurant is when you look at the central bar, the continual disgusting mess on the bench piled high with unsorted filthy cups, glasses, jugs and used napkins... including the coffee machine area which is splattered with off milk and half wiped drinking chocolate. Give up and get real if you think you can.