“Food was great but service was terrible” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Two Small Rooms

Two Small Rooms
Reserve with
Two Small Rooms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #835 of 4,263 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“Food was great but service was terrible”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

It was my first time here and I was taking a friend for her birthday dinner. I hadn't read many reviews but I had looked at the menu and it had seemed quite interesting.

Being on the side of a busy road I had been worried about parking. Luckily, being on the corner of a small street, we were able to park relatively close to the restaurant. Upon arriving we were greeted quite quickly and shown to our seats.

We are seated at a table that had 2 seats. However, as we both had large bags that we did not want to just put on the floor I asked the waiter if I could have an extra chair to put our bags. His response was, "Are you serious?" in a very incredulous and I felt slightly rude tone. I replied that with a simple, "Yes" in the hope that he would simply bring me a chair. He then followed up his response with, "In my two years of working her I have never had someone ask me that."

Never, in all my visits to any restaurants have I had such a response from a waiter. I do not feel it was a terribly unreasonable request and even if he did believe it were to be so I do not think that that response is suitable.

It is such a shame that their service is of this calibre. The food was delightful and innovative. I would be happy to recommend the food to friends and also return myself.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Brisbane, Australia
“Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were given a dinner for a special occasion & found this to be a wonderful experience. It is not the type of venue you would use for every day dining but should be saved for that special event

Bendigo Victoria
“Good food, good service, not so good wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

A regular place for my Brisbane friends, I enjoyed the seasonal menu and the professional service. But the wine list features expensive wines and it is hard to find any value there.

• Visited July 2012
Australia
“Overall, very nice but private courtyard area was disappointing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We booked for dinner for a special family celebration for 10 recently. We were called by the restaurant saying they had a cancellation for their private courtyard dining area and offering it to us, and assured us it was very nice. It was not a very attractive area at all and I think most of our guests were surprised and probably disappointed when they entered the area - would have been OK for a casual group in summer, but not for a special occasion mid winter. I wish we had opted for the main restaurant areas as they looked really nice compared with the stark, no decor appearance of the courtyard. There was also a door leading to a storage area out the back and several trips were made through the area by staff getting supplies for the restaurant and every time the door opened there was a cold draught.
Fortunately,the food was really delicious and the service was very good too. If you're thinking about the courtyard, suggest you go and see it first to make sure it's what you want. We will certainly go back another time - but to one of the 2 small rooms.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
“Intimate with good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Really nice service and excellent food. Good for couples.