“Great Tukka”
Review of Tukka Restaurant - CLOSED

Tukka Restaurant
Cuisines: Australian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Tukka Restaurant continues to delight your taste buds. You'll be discovering one of West End’s specialised restaurants for native ingredients, which turns native Australian food into an internationally recognised gourmet cuisine.In our Brisbane Restaurant, you will taste the best regional and Australian produce and you're supporting local farmers. We incorporate the freshest ingredients from our bountiful countryside, oceans, bays, even our own garden and combine them with native herbs, spices and berries to produce a true taste of Australia. If you want something really special, try our five or eight course degustation tasting menus with exquisitely matched wines.
Gold Coast
“Great Tukka”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great to sample some real Australian food. Introduced me to some flavours that I haven't had before and keen to try again.

Visited January 2013

Ipswich, QLD
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Was a very nice place to go with my wife and try some tasty new interesting food. Good for couples or groups

Visited April 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Awesome place to bring overseas visitors!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

If like us you have visitors who want to eat somewhere 'Australian' what better place to take them! Fantastic Restaurant! Interesting use of native Australian meats, traditional damper and fruits all presented beautifully!
I treated my partner twice to this restaurant after discovering them online. Meals looked and tasted stunning, we were treated really well and left satisfied as opposed to stuffed!
Great place if you want to try something different.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank laureni90
Brisbane, Australia
“Unique”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We've never found anywhere in Australia quite like Tukka. Their use of indigenous foods: meat, berries, spices, is unique as far as we've found. But it's not just the ingredients - the way they're combined brings out the best in the food. Over several visits we've found service very good. Maybe other reviewers were unlucky, and admittedly we've never been there with kids. Serve sizes aren't huge - that suits us, but if you're expecting 500g of kangaroo fillet on your plate I guess you'll be disappointed.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Renoir19
Los Angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Easily the best meal I had on the continent.”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Through the magic of the internet I asked some locals to recommend a place for an upscale and interesting dinner. One recommended Tukka. I took a look at the website and decided I must try the 7-course degustation menu. The staff were friendly and accomodating and the food was amazing. Up to that time, I had a theory that Australian chefs had a disdain for the use of spices. It was certainly well-worth the price.

• Visited November 2012