“Holy crap when did this place get good?”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Irish Murphy's

Irish Murphy's
Ranked #1,298 of 4,295 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Brisbane, Australia
“Holy crap when did this place get good?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Been coming here a lot recently when some friends told me I could find decent food here again. I was unsure as I came here a year ago and swore I would never return. The new chefs have hit the nail on the head. $11 lunch specials Monday through Wednesday, make almost everything in the kitchen even their own sausages. Who are these guys and why have they been hidden from me! Food is amazing guys, service is getting better all that needs to happen is drink prices need to be competitive not overpriced. Overall 9/10

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Relaxing casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Came in for a break from the boxing day sales and enjoyed a cold drink and delicious crunchy double fried chips with chilly sauce. Great value accompanied by live music and cricket on the tele. Great pub value.

Alameda, California
“Disgusting-avoid the food-see the photo-and the angry chef-shocking!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just wanted a basic Pub lunch, looked Ok so got a pint and ordered the pork sandwich, so as you can see from the photo the cabbage was all black, if it was just 1 bit I would be good to go, but this was just bad all over

so no worries took it back, the bar lady said she would have to take it back to the kitchen to see what to do.

As I was put off my lunch, and really wasn't hungry any more-especially from that kitchen, I asked for a refund.

As it happens the head "chef" was at the bar, I politely explained, and he was all pissed off, so I showed him the photo in this review-

Oh boy, then he got really angry, I thought he was going to hit me, told me to "check my attitude", after I told him apart from the black and rotted cabbage everything else was ok, which i genuinely ment as a compliment to diffuse the situation-what an unprofessional [--]. I should have reported it to the health dept

If you just want to have a few drinks, its a great spot to people watch.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank kiwisail1
Canberra
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Came here for an after game function over the weekend and it had a great atmosphere, awesome live band and reasonably priced drinks.

Didn't order any food but I really enjoyed my night here!

• Visited September 2013
“Great spot to drop in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were very pleased to drop in on a cold night in Brisbane. Roomy, friendly, has character. We just wanted a house wine plus a reasonably priced dinner and it was perfect for us. We had Chicken snitzel with salad and chips, it was delicious and generous. Though cant remember the price, it seemed reasonable to us at the time.

Visited July 2013