“Good value good food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Good value good food”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Good food - lovely flavours without being too rich, definitely to be recommended . Had to book in advance , remember to b.y.o. Wine and beers

1 Thank Kelloggs27

Brisbane, Australia
“A new favourite”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'd heard about the Himalayan Cafe before, but recently had my first experience there with a group for a friend's birthday.
Sitting in a long bench seat outside, we enjoyed a great night - the restaurant is very well themed (the profile photo doesn't do it justice), and the food is unbelievably good.
Being a BYO restaurant meant we could bring some wine and beer for all to enjoy.
The meals were great, and I'll definitely be going back to enjoy more of the menu.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank TimTownPlanner
Brisbane, Australia
“Crowded and Uncomfortable”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went here with a group of people. We had pre-organised platters with a selection of food.

We were seated in the back of the restaurant where there are no chairs. There is a low table and padded cushions for seating. Needless to say, the only thing I remembered from the night was how uncomfortable I was.

From what little I can remember, I didnt really enjoy the food, most dishes seemed to lack flavour, the chicken dishes were nice though.

After we finished our meal, we exited the restaurant and it was so unbelievably crowded that I had to shimmy sideways between people to get out.

I think they either need to expand or have less tables.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Harvey W
Melbourne, Australia
“A favorite”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

After hearing only good things about this place and driving past everyday and thinking to myself what a cool looking place i, decided to try it... It's now the place I take all my family and friends when visiting Brisbane and again every time they returne. They love it just as much as I do. A little old house converted into a great atmosphere restaurant. Room can be tight when booked out but everyone is having their own conversations and laughs you get lost in the atmosphere. The staff are always polite and efficient. The food amazing and fresh. Highly recommend.I Can assure you, there will be another visit after your first.

Uranus
“Yum”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My cousin and I went here for the first time during the week. Noise naturally comes with a colourful, popular restaurant. The food is excellent, service was very good and we really enjoyed the evening. Even sharing two dishes the restaurant served the right amount of food-value, we just couldn't finish it. Worth paying a visit and I look forward to returning!

• Visited January 2013