“Crowded and Uncomfortable”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Crowded and Uncomfortable”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went here with a group of people. We had pre-organised platters with a selection of food.

We were seated in the back of the restaurant where there are no chairs. There is a low table and padded cushions for seating. Needless to say, the only thing I remembered from the night was how uncomfortable I was.

From what little I can remember, I didnt really enjoy the food, most dishes seemed to lack flavour, the chicken dishes were nice though.

After we finished our meal, we exited the restaurant and it was so unbelievably crowded that I had to shimmy sideways between people to get out.

I think they either need to expand or have less tables.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Harvey W

Melbourne, Australia
“A favorite”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

After hearing only good things about this place and driving past everyday and thinking to myself what a cool looking place i, decided to try it... It's now the place I take all my family and friends when visiting Brisbane and again every time they returne. They love it just as much as I do. A little old house converted into a great atmosphere restaurant. Room can be tight when booked out but everyone is having their own conversations and laughs you get lost in the atmosphere. The staff are always polite and efficient. The food amazing and fresh. Highly recommend.I Can assure you, there will be another visit after your first.

Uranus
“Yum”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My cousin and I went here for the first time during the week. Noise naturally comes with a colourful, popular restaurant. The food is excellent, service was very good and we really enjoyed the evening. Even sharing two dishes the restaurant served the right amount of food-value, we just couldn't finish it. Worth paying a visit and I look forward to returning!

Sydney, Australia
“Looking forward to going back”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

An auspicious start to my visit; I was followed into the restaurant by a group that included two Buddhist monks. The waitress was very friendly and even went to the trouble of recommending an alternative to the prawn dish I ordered (her recommendation was to go for the Lawsoon Haleko prawns, and it was good advice; delicate and flavoursome at the same time, with the touch of extra heat I asked for). The ambience is great with Himalayan music at just the right volume to be noticeable without being intrusive or getting in the way of conversation, and the decor is charming, if a little rustic. The Himalayan bread (sweet and cheesy) with dipping sauce is a must try. A well balanced sweet lassi rounded out the meal. And the service was quick and efficient, even though they were quite busy.

Cawongla, New South Wales, Australia
“Relaxing Atmosphere, healthy food”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The homey, relaxing Tibetan atmosphere and healthy food, made for a very pleasant dining experience. Our expectations were high given the good reviews so the food wasn’t as fabulous as we’d experienced at other Tibetan restaurants but still quite tasty and nutritious. I particularly appreciated the calming Tibetan music instead of the very popular ( with kitchen staff) boom boom music. Friendly staff, range of food. Being there early we got served quickly ( lots of big parties arrived after us) and it wasn’t too loud. Suggest booking on a Sat night, we just got a table in the back room, only because we arrived at 5:30pm and were prepared to leave before the 8pm booking.