“Not a bad place for lunch.”

Gilhooley's Irish Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #423 of 4,819 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I were catching up with some friends in the city and chose to have lunch at Gilhooley's.
We were seated and a girl took our drink orders, they were out of the two drinks our friends wanted so they had to settle for something else.
A few minutes later a different girl came to take our lunch order, she came back after placing the order and asked if we had ordered any drinks. When we told her we had, she went and had a look and came back and said she couldn't find our order anywhere, so she re-took the order and bought our drinks out quickly enough.
The place was absolutely packed and so noisy we had to shout to be heard but that was to be expected during the lunchtime rush on a Friday.
I ordered the chicken and avocado turkish. If you decide to order this, not that it should not be called chicken and avocado, it should be called chicken and salsa. I ordered mine without the tomato and it came out without everything because the avocado is part of a salsa mix that also includes the tomato. I was really looking forward to my chicken and avocado.
The meals were rather big though, I couldn't finish all of my sandwich, neither could our friend, the boys did manage to polish of their beautiful steaks and chips though.
All in all, it's not a bad place to go for lunch.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Needed to find somewhere for lunch, saw this place and the menu and went in. A typical Irish bar but with an Aussie twist. Good selection of beers and good menu. Service was friendly and food good. it was a step up on the usual English pub grub but good value and tasty. we enjoyed it so much we wnt back the following night and had dinner in there. It was busier but the service and food quality was just as good.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was exploring Brisbane and happened on this place by luck. Brisbane is not a cheap place to eat. The steak lunch special: steak, fries, salad and a beer for $15 is probably one of the best deals in the area. The food was great and the price was right; and conveniently located off the Queen street shopping area. Highly recommend this lunch stop..

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Irish pub in the middle of Brisbane. Great atmosphere. The place hjas a real buzz. Good selection of beers ( cold!) .The menu is fairly comprehensive and reasonably priced. My wife had the Irish Stew( huge!) - she could not eat it all. I had the surf & beef great steak and half a dozen prawns .They were both delicious . While the place was crowded the service was friendly and fairly quick. We orderd drinks and before we were have way through them the food arrived. We shall certainly be back to eat again!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We ate here at Easter. Although we had a discount voucher there were a range of prices on the menu which should suit most budgets. My pork belly was so tender and delicious and my husband enjoyed his beef and reef dish as well. The staff were very helpful, pleasant and efficient.