“Magic Moda”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just arrived in Brisbane for a conference. Friday night and no dinner reservation. We remembered a fabulous meal at Moda on our previous visit, about a year ago, so went looking for it again. It was early evening and we struck it lucky. They had a very busy night ahead but found us the perfect spot to enjoy the ambience, the live music and the best food this side of Barcelona.
We took Trent's advice and selected chef Javier Codina's tasting menu. One of us has a food allergy but Javier took it in his stride and sent out amazing dishes. Jamon with persimmon, quail breast, langoustine, zuccini flowers and goat cheese, creme Catalana - everything was superb. Francoise selected perfect wine matches and we were in heaven.
Perfect start to a perfect weekend.
Thank you Trent, thank you Francoise, thank you Javier. Moda - it's magic!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I went to Moda recently and loved it so much that I didn't want to wait too long to come back , I decided to go with work friends (10 of us )and ordered Javier's table ... What a treat , the chef took care of us and we all enjoyed a selection of entrees , mains and desserts ! The food was delicious and the service as great ! Need to find a way to be back again as soon as possible .. My new favourite brisbane restaurant !

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my boyfriend for his birthday after trawling through all the reviews of all the restaurants around this area. After we finally decided to eat here, we were certainly not disappointed. The waitstaff were lovely, the entree we had (zucchini flower with goats cheese) was delicious, then came the main course (beef cheeks) cooked to perfection and with a little olive oil tasted like heaven in a mouthful. The eye fillet was also amazing. Don't be fooled by the portion size, it is surprisingly filling! And the desserts were incredible, all freshly made and crafted by skilful hands. We had the crema Catalana which was to die for, and the chocolate fondant.
The meals and wines are a bit more expensive than your average restaurant but well worth it for an amazing meal.
All in all it was a fantastic experience, we left very satisfied and would definitely come back again.

1  Thank Sheridanh18
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The food is incredible , the service amazing and the ambiance perfect ! Can't wait to go back .
Thank you guys for this memorable experience !

2  Thank Majujoca
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Moda never disappoints. There's no better place to be in Brisbane on a pleasant evening than in the Moda courtyard. Our tapas style entrees were delicious - you won't go wrong with any of the choices but our stand out on the night was the Red Emperor ceviche. For mains the Wild Hare pie was incredible and I thought would be dish of the night..... Until I tasted the Scampi. This was quite possibly the best dish I've ever had. EVER. Will definitely go back just so I can have this again. Do yourself a favour and order this with some bread for mopping up the sauce. You'll thank me.