“Suit up for great food & great service”
Review of Cha Cha Char

Cha Cha Char
Ranked #77 of 4,655 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Cha Cha Char Wine Bar & Grill is a stylish, contemporary restaurant specialising in high quality, cooked-to-perfection steaks.On our menu you'll find plenty of information - the breed, paddock address, age (12 months to 30 months and older), size (200g to 600g), accompaniments and diet (grass fed/grain fed) as well as snapshots of rare, medium rare, medium and well done steaks to help diners with their preferences.It's harder than you think to get a great steak onto a plate - there are so many variables. Restaurateur John Kilroy is a nationally recognised beef judge and is constantly showcasing products to the hospitality industry where discussions range from the breed of cattle, feed type and age of the carcass. His wide recognition throughout the beef industry means that we receive first class products on a consistent basis, year round. John sources the beef direct from producers and suppliers and ages it for five weeks, giving diners a chance to taste different breeds, brands and regions. That's why it's Brisbane's signature steak restaurant!
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Let's start by stating the obvious: In many cases this would burn a hole in your wallet, so its not a place you'd go regularly.
For entree we had the quail and squid. Both were great to kick off the pallet. The main course I had the rib fillet ($68) and wife had the rump ($48). Needless to say you can taste the extra $25.
A word of warning, the sauce to go with your steak is an extra $5 each. In addition to the salad, you will need to pay for sides such as chips, but the sides are entree size, so you won't really need it.
Dessert we had the creme brulee and the chocolate marquis. Simply, the perfect way to end the night.
Service was impeccable, having drinks refilled constantly and table cleaned promptly between meals. Only issue is the wait for the meals. But the wait was well worth it.
I came here after work, so I was already dressed. i don't think i saw anyone in casual wear.... strange.
A nice place to dress up and enjoy some expensive food.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Do not go here! We our dinners and never saw our waiter again- when we flagged down someone we were informed that the waiter had left! She just laughed us off and said "I'm going to spank him". Unbelievable. Not what you expect for the price they charge. The food was average at best. The Manager was very very rude when she was told about the waiter leaving us. One of the worst experiences at a restaurant ever- AVOID!

1  Thank Shannon M
Reviewed October 28, 2013

superb meal, superb service. very busy so had to be patient. but well worth it, also a lovely view of the story bridge all lit up and purple. I definitely recommend the bread with beef reduction as a wee entre to get the party started. I had a t bone which was superb and my wife had "eye" steak.. which is basically a fillet of magnificence. lucky for me that she isn't a big eater so I had to test the top button on my trousers and do the gentlemanly thing and finish hers too.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have been return patrons at this restaurant because of the quality of food and service. Today we had what is the worst desert we have ever been served at a highly rated restaurant, $16 for what was called an Eton Mess, more likely a Elon Embarrassment . How this dessert could have been served by the the chef is beyond me.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This restaurant is on a nice stretch of the Brisbane River, there are plenty of people walking past and with so many windows and the tendency for the bar area to get crowded, this is probably not the place to go for an 'intimate' meal where you can have a good conversation.

The menu is obviously heavily focussed on the cow, whole cow and just the cow, which is fine, provided everybody in your party is into that. There didn't seem to be a lot of accompanying creativity (as far as ingredients) to go with the meat.

Also, for what they were charging for some of the cuts (and I had a very good Wagu cut), I've had better.

Service was average for Australia, (below average for the rest of the world). Your waiter/waitress certainly won't be calling your Sir, or Ma'm.