“Wow!!! the best….”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We live on the Gold Coast south of Brisbane and decided to take my niece and her partner out fr dinner in Brisbane. they were visiting from Adelaide. I remembered West "End was pretty groovy and decided to google for a good restaurant. After searching on trip advisor,( like we always do) this restaurant kept coming up. We finally decided to try it out. Wow. The ambience was gorgeous , the service so friendly. Will was the best host and took us to our balcony table with a great view of the night lights. The decor is comfortable and colourful. We ordered the mezzo plate with the prawns.
We shared it between 4 for the entree. It was more than enough and the flavours were magnificent. We ordered the chicken and the chicken kebabs for main and these dishes were superb. We even ordered the baclava and the incredible fig sticky pudding for desert. We shared these deserts. Over all this is one of the best restaurants we have ever been to. My husband is a pilot and we travel all over the world and we talked about how delicious the food was all the way home. The bill was so inexpensive. Approximately $35 per head plus BYO. We will be back….

3  Thank PilotG650
There are newer reviews for Caravanserai

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had never been to this restaurant and visited one recent Friday night for my daughter's birthday. The banquet was fantastic, the food had clearly defined flavours coming through and the presentation and service was first class. This is a wonderful restaurant which is high on my to visit again list.

2  Thank Racandtac
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with a friend on a Wednesday night. There were still quite a few diners which gave it a really nice vibrant atmosphere.

We shared the platter for 2 which had meatballs, haloumi, ribs, prawns and chicken skewers with rice, bread and beans. It was the perfect amount of food and allowed us to try a little of everything. I'm not sure however it would be enough food for two men and I know it wouldn't have been enough food if it was my partner and I sharing. That could just be because he eats a lot :-)

It was all very tasty and we felt worth the $62. The service was excellent. Perfect combination of being attentive but not overbearing.

We had a really lovely evening and I would recommend trying it out.

2  Thank TBs_gone_wild
Reviewed January 18, 2014

They took us (group of four) at the last minute on a Saturday night ... and glad they did. Great mixed entrees with my favorite fried haloumi. Nice mains, good service ... a bit more light would be appreciated but all in all a nice pleasant meal.

1  Thank able58
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Six of us had lunch at Caravanserai today on the way to the airport,the staff were very friendly and helpful and let us clog up the place with our bags, and veg out at their table with beers and wine until they were ready to serve lunch.
We had the Full Banquet and it was absolutely beautiful, we all thoroughly enjoyed it. We will definitely be back next time were down.
Karen