“Disappointed”

Cafe Citrus
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The service was less than professional. The didn't have what was on the printed menu. They didn't serve the order with all that was on the manu. The coffee was only luke warm.

1  Thank Ian H

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We had risotto last year and since then we have made our way to this place again over 5 times. excellent food.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This place is great if you are after a quick meal before the movie. They also offer smallish dishes, so you can still fit in a popcorn and ice cream afterwards (which I always do). Unbeatable value are their steak nights Wednesday's and Thursday's before 7pm, and they are always cooked nicely (you may tell them 1 grade below though - so I always say raw and get it medium-rare, which is fine as long as you know).

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We noticed Cafe Citrus had reopened after renovations and dined there recently.
The menu didn't excite three hungry locals so we played it safe and ordered lasagne, spaghetti bolognese and fish and chips.

The microwaved lasagne was chilly in the middle and was promptly returned to the kitchen.  The young male waiter was excellent. He was professional in acknowledging the problem and returned with a newly prepared piping hot dish.

Not much to report on the spaghetti and the fish & chips not fresh nor memorable.  Sadness.

For the fifteen + years we have lived in Bulimba the carpark at the back of the cafe has been for their customers.  The carpark was full but luckily we got the last spot.

Upon returning to our car we were parked in by two cars.  My fellow diner popped back inside and a friendly waitress said it was the bosses car and would send him out to move the car.

To our surprise the owner was aggressive and most unpleasant.  He ranted that no one should be parking there as it is a construction site.
I guess he didn't see any signs either as he had to move his car which blocked ours.
We couldn't believe this bully wouldn't shut up and just get in his car and move it.  He wanted to have a go at us!!!!
The second guy to move his car must also be shortsighted and repeated the same rudeness of the cafe owner.

We will not be back to Cafe Citrus EVER!!!!

2  Thank Becinthesun
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Tania Myles: We arrived at Café after a movie as we were just going to have a quick dinner as we had elsewhere to go. Waiter came for drink order delivered all good. Then we placed our meal order what was delivered to the table was absolutely appalling, my husband order the Signature dish Fish and Chips it was so burnt that I said send it back but because we were in a hurry he didn't.
I ordered duck was ok presentation poor. When I went to pay for meal I mentioned about my husbands meal telling the waiter that it was so burnt and waiters response oh that's not good.
Well let me tell you Chef or Apprentice Chef you need to go back to Tafe and brush up on your cooking skills and as for the owner wake up and take your blinkers off as it won't be long before the customers stop coming.

1  Thank Maree66