“Live Music and Great Pork Knuckle!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Black Forest

Cafe Black Forest
Ranked #2,284 of 4,266 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Black Forest Restaurant captures the best of German cuisine, combining the delicious authentic taste of Germany with a vibrant and exciting atmosphere. Meals are served in hearty portions, and are able to satisfy the most discerning German palates. Capable of holding any event, from weddings to birthdays, Cafe Black Forest is definitely a worthwhile visit.
“Live Music and Great Pork Knuckle!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Although most of the reviews I read, lowered our expectations a little, we did gave the Black Forest a shot last Saturday...aaand really enjoyed our time there!
The selection of beers was diverse (I tried a smoke flavoured dark beer which was something I have never had before) and the GIANT PORK KNUCKLE definitley met our expectations. Although we had to pre order the knuckle and the Kitchen was a bit loud (maybe thats part lf the experience?!) we had good time, especially because of the live music that was being performed. Will go back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Nup, never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Overpriced and meals ridiculously large. Kids over 7 are expected to order an adult meal. Tell me which 8 y.o. would eat (and finish!) a huge Schnitzel? Food was average, which we waited for, for 1 1/2 - 2 hours! No apology or discount offered. Wondered wether they were keeping us waiting so we would spend more money on drinks? Have had better German meals in Australian restaurants! Also no vegetarian alternatives on the menu...

• Visited March 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Go on weekend or in July(Christmas in July)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I visited this restaurant twice, the first time many years ago and I swore never to go again. Although I remember that the food was good, but nothing special, the service by the owner/chefs' wife was appalling.
However, in July 2012 we were invited to a 'Christmas in July' celebration and I was pleasantly surprised by the nice decorations and atmosphere, life music and choice of menu. It was very busy and we had to wait quite a while for our drinks and meal, but it didn't matter as we were in nice company. Also they had hired more staff, so we didn't have to deal with 'her'! The portions were very copious, albeit on the expensive side. I had the venison, which was slightly disappointing, but the rest of the table were quite happy with their dishes.
So the secret is not to go on a quiet night, if you don't mind the wait.

• Visited July 2012
Brisbane
“Th black forest is rotten”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The first time I went was a disaster. I gave it a second chance but that was even worse. As most of the reviewers' state: average food and if there's a small problem the owners (head chef and his manageress wife) get offended and go out of their way to insult customers. With that combination I wonder how much time this place's got.

• Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

OMG i have never experienced customer service like that. The waitress was horrible and yelled mostly throughout the service. The food was ok nothing special andalso nothing german about the food :( I have lived in germany for many years but the blackforest has nothing but a few decorations that reminded us of germany :( The waitress and the owner were the rudest people i have ever met overall :( really sad. I can just say that our night and my mums Birthday dinner were ruined and we walked out half way though our meals..

• Visited August 2012