“Very nice food”

Customs House Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 4,776 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Customs House has a licensed restaurant which provides inside dining in heritage surroundings as well as outside dining overlooking the river and the Story Bridge. The relaxed dining ambience is popular with tourists, business clients and local customers. Guests can be assured of excellent food, fantastic river views and friendly professional service. The cuisine is modern Australian with an emphasis on fresh seasonal produce including seafood. The wine list has quality wines at competitive prices.Head Chef: Didier Pollaert Chef de Cusine: John OffenhauserLunch: Monday - Sunday 12 noon until 2.30pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday from 6.00pm Sunday Breakfast from 9am Cake and Coffee: Every day from 9am
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had a really nice lunch at Customs House. The great location helps, of course - we were outside with lovely river views. But the food was the real star. We had lots of shared plates and they were all good.

The wine list is reasonable and the service is excellent, so we had a very pleasant afternoon. Higly recommended.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I loved this restaurant and recommend it to anyone wanting a great night out. The view across the river to the bridge is beautiful and relaxing. The food was excellent, with a good range of choices and lots of gluten free meals available. All the staff were friendly, and very attentive to anything we wanted. Next time I am in Brisbane will definitely be eating there again.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Location-wise this restaurant is very well situated - a stone's throw from story bridge gives guests an unobstructed view of the story bridge. With recent bridge lights installed, the view of the bridge at night is marvellous. The other interesting thing is that the lighting colours are different with different nights, sometimes blue, sometimes maroon and others - so the view experience from Customs House is not the same each time guests dine here. Customs House is also situated away from Eagle St Pier restaurants so it avoids the rowdy crowd and noise making dining a perfect romantic one!

We ordered venison medallion and a steak - requested for medium well, but it was cooked as medium. We didn't fault the decision of the chef because whilst the meat was reddish, it wasn't bloody. In fact, the meats were very tender and juicy, augmented by good quantities of jus. We were more than happy with the way it was cooked. We also ordered home cut/cooked chips - which was tasty - however could do with a little more crisp as we like it that way. Well salted, however could do with a sprinkle of hers such as thymme to accentuate the smell and taste.

Service was excellent, with waiting staff friendly, smiling and always asking if we needed "anything else". Having returned from an overseas trip and dined overseas, Australia's hospitality service is still one of the best in the world - even without tipping!

Definitely a place to dine at again - and highly recommended for dating couples and families due to the romantic setting!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were staying in the city for 5 nights, and dining out each night. This was the restuarant I was looking forward to the most for a special finale. It mostly met expectations.

The young lady serving us could not have been better. She was friendly, and very easy to converse with. When asked if I could substitute one vegetable for another (as I didn't like what was on the menu), it was no problem at all, and when I said that my husband's hot chocolate was made better (more chocolately), she promptly offered to re-do mine. She helped make the night very enjoyable.

The maitre' d on the other hand, was very stuffy and would have made me uncomfortable, so was very glad she wasn't actually waiting on us.

We sat on the terrace, overlooking the bridge. Very romantic atmosphere, and highly recommended just so you can do that.

The main meals were delicious. We were very happy with them.
The entrees were what is giving this review a 4 instead of a 5. The duck was practically non-existent and quite tasteless. (If we had only omitted this course, the rating could be higher!)

Desserts were very enjoyable.

We enjoyed our night here very much (but it wasn't our favourite, and instead of returning, would be eager to try new places).

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and I ate dinner here with friends. I enjoyed the walk to the restaurant - we paid for parking at eagle street pier and walked along the river. A beautiful way to begin the evening. The staff were very friendly and professional, with good knowledge of the menu.
My favourite for the evening was the pork belly.. it was melt in your mouth delicious! The best pork belly I have ever had.
I think the price is what you would expect when dining in Brisbane city, but I walked away very satisfied and certainly felt like the evening was value for money.
I would be happy to recommend Customs House.

1  Thank Wattshappenin