“Brisbane Hidden Secret”

Customs House Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 4,687 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Customs House has a licensed restaurant which provides inside dining in heritage surroundings as well as outside dining overlooking the river and the Story Bridge. The relaxed dining ambience is popular with tourists, business clients and local customers. Guests can be assured of excellent food, fantastic river views and friendly professional service. The cuisine is modern Australian with an emphasis on fresh seasonal produce including seafood. The wine list has quality wines at competitive prices.Head Chef: Didier Pollaert Chef de Cusine: John OffenhauserLunch: Monday - Sunday 12 noon until 2.30pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday from 6.00pm Sunday Breakfast from 9am Cake and Coffee: Every day from 9am
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I took my mother for lunch to what I would describe as one of Brisbane's hidden secrets. We sat out on the terrace overlooking the Brisbane river and the Storey Bridge on what was a wonderful sunny September afternoon. Entre was beautiful plump scallops followed by the most mouth water eye fillet finishing off with tea and Customs House version of a Sundae.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I booked this for my hubby's birthday and it could not have been better. We sat outside in the courtyard area by the river and watched a huge full moon rise behind the Story bridge which was lit up. Fabulous setting.The food was amazing. If you like Veal you will love this Veal! The service is perfect and when one understandable mistake was made with the wine (it was partly my fault) I received an extra one on the house. That is what I call good service. Yes, it is expensive. But a night we won't forget.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Could not fault the service that we received. The food was beautifully presented, served quickly and excellently cooked. I wasn't expecting to get much change from $200 for two three course meals with a nice bottle of wine and that's roughly what it came to.
Overall a very enjoyable dining experience. A perfect venue for a celebration or romantic evening out.

1  Thank Frank W
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had dinner on the verandah with 2 friends and had a very special evening. The oysters were superb and the rest of the meal was to a very high standard. The location is magical and the view of the moon rising through the Story Bridge was superb. Well done indeed.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I took my aunt to the Customs House restaurant for lunch for her birthday. I chose this restaurant as I'd been there on one other occasion and been totally impressed by everything about it - the food, the service, the view. I was not disappointed the second time around and my aunt loved it! Everything was perfect, and as an added bonus Pink jogged past our table down to the Riverside Walk. (it was the weekend of her last concert in Brisbane, and I'd flown from Mackay for her concert that night). Anyone visiting Brisbane should definitely visit the Customs House restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant