“Pedictable and good value”
Review of Avanti Cafe & Pasta - CLOSED

Avanti Cafe & Pasta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Pedictable and good value”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have been going here for years and since start up it has become a favourite in Brisbane. The menu is expansive and created with an Italian Restaurant theme in mind and is good value with mains in the min $20's. The restaurant is a favourite with group bookings and seems to cope well with large crowds. Avanti would be a good choice for a family outing as there are kids choices too.
The restaurant is right on the road and traffic noise is terrible during the day, but might be more so at the moment with large road and tunnel constructions happening near by. There are tables away from the road and these can be requested when booking. There is parking under the building, but this can be limited in busier times.
Staff are friendly and helpful with the menu - wine choices are average but as you would expect for a restaurant of this type.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank theredman01

Brisbane
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

After checking reviews here and on Yelp, we went for dinner. Staff were attentive, the menu larger than I expected for such an unpretentious café. We had buffalo wings, baby octopus salad, blackened barramundi, and tiramisu. I would have to say everything we ate was excellent - fresh, tasty, good portion size, well presented and reasonably priced. Very happy to recommend to all without reservation. We have been twice and will be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MLandM
Brisbane, Australia
“Absolutely Scrumptious!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My Mother and I have been trying Italian Restaurants all over Brisbane for the past 2 years now and this is the best so far. It was a more casual restaurant than what we usually dine at so I can't comment on the decor as we are used to more fancy stuff. Nevertheless, the service and food were absolutely delicious! Waited about the average 15-20 minutes for food so we were happy. Our entrée, the pesto, sun-dried tomato & feta dip with breads was delicious! The only downside was that I didn't particularly like the peach iced tea as it tasted too watery and not peachy enough, but that is a minor detail. Overall a lovely meal. We went home way too full because we didn't want to stop eating!!

• Visited September 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Good on all counts, feels "comfortable"”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I confess I am an infrequent frequenter of this restaurant having dined here once or twice a year for a number of years now...(well over a decade)! The fact that I've never had a bad experience dining here probably accounts for my loyalty. It really is a nice family-friendly place to dine, where everyone can enjoy a reasonable meal at a reasonable price. It's welcoming and unpretentious and the range of icecreams and gelatos ensures that when desert time comes, no one is disappointed. There is ample free parking in the vicinity. Service is always good. How efficiently the staff rectify a problem is as much a measure of good service as the extent to which the order is delivered in an accurately and timely manner. On our most recent visit, my son was served up a pizza with a burnt base. The minute we pointed this out, the pizza was whipped away and a replacement pizza produced without fuss or delay.
I think our longstanding relationship with Avanti will continue.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Natalie P
Brisbane
“Great Food and Great Service”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went here for my Birthday dinner and I loved everything about it. The menu, the food, the alfresco dining, the outdoor heaters, the service and the prices! Avantis has one of the most extensive Menus I have seen. There is something there for everyone. Its nice to have a menu where you can choose something different for a change or just have something familiar . The servings are large. They are a licensed restaurant. There is a bar there and they also have some specialty beers to choose from. It is also a BYO restaurant and I think its about $3 per head corkage. The ambience of the place was buzzing and very comfortable.
Four of us were there for about 3 hours. We had pre meal drinks, wine (byo) entres, mains, dessert, port n coffee and the bill was still under $50 each!
There are two levels of seating, there is a carpark and the toilets are downstairs. The prices are both reasonable and affordable and I cant recommend them enough.
PS: The new owners are hands on and are lovely! Thanks for a great night out to all the staff and to the new owners of Avanti :-)

Visited July 2013